• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Monsieur (home robot mixologist)

Developed by two bros from GA Tech.

http://vimeo.com/80097596

Great idea, but the current version doesnt look like it could hold all the ingredients plus ice necessary for a competitive evening.

If you could somehow sell this to the refrigerator companies, then you would have something.

I emailed them. Doesnt do ice or garnishes. Basically just liquor and mixers. And it cant make anything complicated like a manhattan, that would require like a soft hand with bitters. Thats not much for 4k.

I also wonder how much volume it can actually hold. With 300+ recipes you are going to need a lot of different shit, and the box doesn't seem to be all that big.

This is what I emailed them about. It has 8 air sealed 1.5L containers, so you are limited to 8 ingredients. So you could make like rum and coke or 7 and 7 or redbull vodkas all day, but if you tried to make something complicated you would basically be limiting your range of drinks if you wanted anything that required more than 2 ingredients.

Also no ice or garnishes.

This is what I emailed them about. It has 8 air sealed 1.5L containers, so you are limited to 8 ingredients. So you could make like rum and coke or 7 and 7 or redbull vodkas all day, but if you tried to make something complicated you would basically be limiting your range of drinks if you wanted anything that required more than 2 ingredients.

Also no ice or garnishes.

For $4k that seems a lot more complicated than me going to my fully stocked liquor cabinet and picking out the booze I want and mixing it myself.

Back