• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Morning wake up call

DiegoTiger

Reaction score
Who are these people with a ton of energy throughout the day? I hate them out of jealousy. Is it because they eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep at night? I try but that isn't always possible.....do they take drugs? Slam 5 hour energy all day?

If it is eating right and exercising, what are some good meals to give you some energy? I avoid lunch almost entirely in order not to get sleepy.

This was brought on by the almost certain fact that the fucker at Micky Dees gave me decaf instead of regular coffee. Hey, bro, I go to Mickey Dees for coffee because for some reason your coffee jacks me up more than any other coffee out there. (This excludes Dunkin Donuts coffee which I think might be unsafe to consume. My heart almost exploded after a large cup of DD coffee)

Who are these people with a ton of energy throughout the day? I hate them out of jealousy. Is it because they eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep at night? I try but that isn't always possible.....do they take drugs? Slam 5 hour energy all day?

If it is eating right and exercising, what are some good meals to give you some energy? I avoid lunch almost entirely in order not to get sleepy.

This was brought on by the almost certain fact that the fucker at Micky Dees gave me decaf instead of regular coffee. Hey, bro, I go to Mickey Dees for coffee because for some reason your coffee jacks me up more than any other coffee out there. (This excludes Dunkin Donuts coffee which I think might be unsafe to consume. My heart almost exploded after a large cup of DD coffee)

this sounds backwards. i'd fall asleep if i didn't eat lunch. granted, a big pasta lunch or anything else really heavy will put you right to sleep mid-afternoon. but a lighter lunch should actually wake you up rather than putting you to sleep.

I skip a real lunch is what I meant. Ill have an apple and some trail mix or something small like that.....maybe a couple of those 100 calorie packs with some fruit.....enough to keep the engine going, but not make me want a nap.

to me lunch is the most important meal of the day from a functionality standpoint. I can skip breakfast and be ok and I can skip dinner and be ok but I need to eat something mid day.

I hate morning people. I would work from like 10 to 7 (with a one hour lunch break) if I could. However, I think a decent breakfast helps me. I can eat some granola, yogurt, apple or banana, and some fruit. Protein is also good for the morning so try some scrambled eggs or something. I just need something that will stick with me until 12:30 or 1:00 when I eat lunch. Not too heavy. A routine also helps so start getting up and eating, exercising, or whatever and your body will adjust.

Ha, I did actually just pick up some tea. I usually eat a bigger breakfast as well so that I wont need a real lunch.....but breakfast is tough.....it seems like there are a ton of good options for breakfast if you want to spend the time making them, which I don't. I like to get up and get out, then get as much work done early before people start making it tough with calls, emails, chatting etc etc.....woe is me.

Ha, I did actually just pick up some tea. I usually eat a bigger breakfast as well so that I wont need a real lunch.....but breakfast is tough.....it seems like there are a ton of good options for breakfast if you want to spend the time making them, which I don't. I like to get up and get out, then get as much work done early before people start making it tough with calls, emails, chatting etc etc.....woe is me.

i take my breakfast with me to work, so i don't take the time to make it in the morning. greek yogurt, blueberries, granola, and a banana. all of which can just be grabbed on my way out the door. and then it's not super heavy, but yet it holds me over well enough until lunchtime. all of that + a cup of coffee does the trick for making sure i'm alert all morning.

I work in a large law firm and those little 5-hr energy bottles litter this place like friggin oxygen canisters on Everest.

Diet, exercise, etc. are key but I also think some of it has to do with genetics/temperament. I'm close to 40 and have experimented plenty with ways to increase energy, but I've learned that I really need 7+ hrs sleep regardless of other variables to perform well. The people I envy are the ones who can function on 3-4 hrs of sleep a night. That is simply a huge evolutionary advantage.

I work in a large law firm and those little 5-hr energy bottles litter this place like friggin oxygen canisters on Everest.

Diet, exercise, etc. are key but I also think some of it has to do with genetics/temperament. I'm close to 40 and have experimented plenty with ways to increase energy, but I've learned that I really need 7+ hrs sleep regardless of other variables to perform well. The people I envy are the ones who can function on 3-4 hrs of sleep a night. That is simply a huge evolutionary advantage.

I don't envy those people at all.

I think a lot is genetics. My family pretty much eats the same way and we all work out. My mother and I are night owls and not morning people at all. In fact, we function the best between 2pm and midnight. My dad and sister are the opposite. They get up around 5 or 6am each morning but have to be in bed by 10pm.

you skip lunch to avoid getting tired? does not compute.

Seriously. I never stop eating all day. Never consume caffeine, and I'm a morning person.

Definitely agree with the poster on here who said that genetics has a lot to do with it.

I got 5 hours sleep. Up at six and took an exam. My dad is a morning person. I love being up early.

Strive to eat protein and fruit several times during the day. Drink plenty of H2O.

Back