• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mortal Kombat II

I don't even know where to start. Not sure if serious...

I had a lot of fun with Tekken, but I think of that generations fighting games, Soul Caliber was the best.

I enjoyed unlocking the Devil/Angel in TII and pissing people off.

I enjoyed unlocking the Devil/Angel in TII and pissing people off.

Yeah. Good approach.

I used to really annoy the piss out of my friends with Yoshimitsu. Especially when I would declare before the match that I would end it by committing seppuku to KO them, and then I would do it. Stab myself through the stomach, kill them, and laugh maniacally.

Yeah. Good approach.

I used to really annoy the piss out of my friends with Yoshimitsu. Especially when I would declare before the match that I would end it by committing seppuku to KO them, and then I would do it. Stab myself through the stomach, kill them, and laugh maniacally.

You are the worst kind of 90's gamer.

Also, let us celebrate that this moment in gaming history is better than anything that has ever happened in MK.

I can't tell what's going on there...

It was a professional tournament (although I think it was in the losers' bracket at that point) and the guy playing Chun Li had the guy playing Ken down to almost zero health. Any hit would take him out and his health was so low that even blocking any super move was still going to knock him out with chip damage.

The guy playing Chun Li knew that, so you see him back off and try to get his super combo going, knowing that any hit from his combo, even if blocked, would end the match. However, when he gets the Super Combo going, the guy playing Ken doesn't block it. Instead he chooses to parry, which means he's perfectly timing a tap forward for each and every one of the Chun Li super kicks. That way, Ken takes no damage, and because each kick is parried, Ken recovers a split second faster than Chun Li, which means at the end of the Chun Li Super Combo, the guy playing Ken unleashes his own Super Combo and gets the K.O.

It is an amazing fighting game maneuver that I don't think I could have managed even when I was at the top of my Street Fighter game back in the day.

It was a professional tournament (although I think it was in the losers' bracket at that point) and the guy playing Chun Li had the guy playing Ken down to almost zero health. Any hit would take him out and his health was so low that even blocking any super move was still going to knock him out with chip damage.

The guy playing Chun Li knew that, so you see him back off and try to get his super combo going, knowing that any hit from his combo, even if blocked, would end the match. However, when he gets the Super Combo going, the guy playing Ken doesn't block it. Instead he chooses to parry, which means he's perfectly timing a tap forward for each and every one of the Chun Li super kicks. That way, Ken takes no damage, and because each kick is parried, Ken recovers a split second faster than Chun Li, which means at the end of the Chun Li Super Combo, the guy playing Ken unleashes his own Super Combo and gets the K.O.

It is an amazing fighting game maneuver that I don't think I could have managed even when I was at the top of my Street Fighter game back in the day.

It was confusing cause the characters were mostly on the opposite side of their power bars during the video. Once i figured it out though it was SIIIICCCKKK

Soul Calibur 2 is my favorite all-time fighting game I think. Had it for XB, because SPAWN. My buddy always whooped my ass with Yoshimitsu and that fucking asshole Voldo. My go-tos were Cervantes and Kilik.

We used to play that team mode where you each got like 8 fighters to go through before you lost. We would do a draft for the fighters, and I remember this one time where I was down to my last guy, and my buddy had 4 or 5. My fighter was Yunsung, who was easily my least favorite in the game. Somehow I managed to get it down all the way to his last fighter with Yunsung, and then I lost. Fuck Yunsung.

Last edited:

Pretty insane. Over the last few months I've gotten into watching people do speed runs of games I used to play when I was a kid. It's an interesting combination of trying to figure out ways to "break" games with various glitches and skill of executing complicated moves in difficult games. I enjoy watching replays of streams of conventions called Awesome Games Done Quick and Summer Games Done Quick, where these kids get together and raise money for charity while doing a marathon of live speed running. Some pretty cool stuff; particularly if you watch what they did a year ago on certain games and how it changes as they keep improving their times and strategies.

Pretty insane. Over the last few months I've gotten into watching people do speed runs of games I used to play when I was a kid. It's an interesting combination of trying to figure out ways to "break" games with various glitches and skill of executing complicated moves in difficult games. I enjoy watching replays of streams of conventions called Awesome Games Done Quick and Summer Games Done Quick, where these kids get together and raise money for charity while doing a marathon of live speed running. Some pretty cool stuff; particularly if you watch what they did a year ago on certain games and how it changes as they keep improving their times and strategies.

Yeah, my brother and I will get sucked into watching tons of those in a row. Crazy.

Anybody play Street Fighter IV Volt on their phones? I used to play it regularly but haven't played in awhile. Wouldn't mind downloading it again and playing some of you all.

Back