• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Most Hated College BBall Players (Last 30 Years) Tournament Bracket

First of all there should be a UNC bracket or entire tournament.

I don't know why the following are "hated":

Billy Curley
Calbert Chaeney
Purvis Ellison
Eric Devendorf
Aaron Kraft

You don't get why Devendorf was hated?

The king of most hated is easy for me- George Karl- working with Dean o they ruined the game of basketball. These two were the first who implemented flopping and playing D with your ass as a strategy.

They ruined the game.

Did the writer live through the 1980s? How could you not have Meagher, Veal, Fothergill and Sheehey. Ask any UVA player from the mid 80s - Sheehey would have had all of their votes for most hated player.

As for the Dick bracket, I don't know how they left off Crissy Collins. My top 5 Dickies to hate would be Laettner and 4 guards - Redick, Hurley, Wojo & Collins. Hated The Duhon too, but that was because he was maybe the most overhyped player ever, not as much anything intrinsic to him personally.

If Sheehey was a better player/more known, he would have been a lock for that list. With the exception of Paulus and Wojo, these players are all pretty good.

Laettner wins, but just because he was the best.

Did the writer live through the 1980s? How could you not have Meagher, Veal, Fothergill and Sheehey. Ask any UVA player from the mid 80s - Sheehey would have had all of their votes for most hated player.

As for the Dick bracket, I don't know how they left off Crissy Collins. My top 5 Dickies to hate would be Laettner and 4 guards - Redick, Hurley, Wojo & Collins. Hated The Duhon too, but that was because he was maybe the most overhyped player ever, not as much anything intrinsic to him personally.

It's clear that whoever contributed to the list didn't start watching college ball until about 86. My first thought on seeing the thread was "where's Meagher?" because he's certainly my #1 most hated. Sheehy is a great call as well. Yeah Ainge and Ewing were from earlier in the decade, but no doubt they're on there due to their pro rep.

And good lord I can't believe we've gotten to almost 30 posts with no mention of Rasheed Wallace yet. He's infinitely more hateable than Montross.

Pretty solid choices on the bracket. I had forgotten about Bill Curley. Strangely, I like Joakim Noah as an NBA player but HATED him in college.

I would have like to see Brendan Haywood or Rasheed Wallace.

Aaron Craft currently of Ohio State, right? He didn't even play collegiately in the '00s.

Hard to believe Ron Artest, I mean Metta World Peace, missed the dance.

I guess Kuhn, Sweeney, and Streater from Boston College infamy are in a class by themselves.

Most of us oldtimers would say that a UNC bracket is more deserving than a Duke bracket. Warren "Diaperman" Martin, Kupchek, O'Koren, Karl, Phil Ford, Rich Yonakur, Cota, JR Reid, Rasheed Wallace, Haywood, McCants, Montross, Shammond Williams, McInniss, Hansborough, etc., etc., etc....

no way Austin Rivers should be on there. there are plenty of Duke players who had 4 years of shittiness vs his 1

Atlanta sports radio posed a series of questions to callers this morning. Last question was "most hated college basketball player, non-Duke". They must have been referring to this bracket. I only caught the tail-end of it.

Back