• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto Transferring

They begged Travis McKie to stay & look what it did for us & him. He set the Wake Forest record for most starts in a career and in the Top 10 ACC alltime.

...and never played a tournament game

They begged Travis McKie to stay & look what it did for us & him. He set the Wake Forest record for most starts in a career and in the Top 10 ACC alltime.

As his personal numbers became increasingly worse and his chances of playing professionally went from slim to none. Kid should of left.

Great for Travis. Turns out during Travis' four year stint we went 51-76.

I think Travis could have been developed into a much better player than he was. His potential was much greater than what he actually became.

I think Travis could have been developed into a much better player than he was. His potential was much greater than what he actually became.

If he had played for a legitimate basketball coach, I think he could have been a valuable starter on a NCAA team. I doubt he would have ever been better than HM All-ACC, but he could have been a very good player.

If he had played for a legitimate basketball coach, I think he could have been a valuable starter on a NCAA team. I doubt he would have ever been better than HM All-ACC, but he could have been a very good player.

Pretty much agree with this. Travis was limited by a less than stellar motor (work ethic) and was lacking a team-first mentality.

Pretty much agree with this. Travis was limited by a less than stellar motor (work ethic) and was lacking a team-first mentality.

I seem to recall him having the best motor his fresh and sophomore year. He also used to talk about recruiting for Wake all the time and really seemed to want to do great things even as a third option. Do you think the fact that his whole class transferred may have sapped that enthusiasm which bled onto the floor? I know, at times, he seemed to dog it especially this past year, but when he was a freshman and sophomore he was one of the few guys that always seemed to give 100%.

he could easily have made one of the 3 all acc teams under a better coach. first team? probably not. i'm just glad [Redacted] is gone. f him and the wellman he road in on.

So was Josh Howard at one point in his career (this is not in any way an attempt to say Travis could have been as good as Josh). Josh got Skip, Travis got Bzdeliked.

Travis was a good rebounder as a freshman. His RPG average went from 7.7 to something like 4.1. Last season Moto out rebounded him while playing almost 10 minutes less per game. Was that coaching strategy or effort?

Travis was a good rebounder as a freshman. His RPG average went from 7.7 to something like 4.1. Last season Moto out rebounded him while playing almost 10 minutes less per game. Was that coaching strategy or effort?

learned helplessness, in psychology, a mental state in which an organism forced to bear aversive stimuli, or stimuli that are painful or otherwise unpleasant, becomes unable or unwilling to avoid subsequent encounters with those stimuli, even if they are “escapable,” presumably because it has learned that it cannot control the situation.

I seem to recall him having the best motor his fresh and sophomore year. He also used to talk about recruiting for Wake all the time and really seemed to want to do great things even as a third option. Do you think the fact that his whole class transferred may have sapped that enthusiasm which bled onto the floor? I know, at times, he seemed to dog it especially this past year, but when he was a freshman and sophomore he was one of the few guys that always seemed to give 100%.

All of this. Travis's ACCT game his freshman year got a lot of praise from neutrals - his motor was off the charts. And he was "Twitter McKie" before he came to campus.
In the dictionary beside the word "Bzdeliked" is a picture of WF30.

I wrote a long article about Travis and his response to me in almost no uncertain terms indicated that he had been in a hellhole for four years. I don't know how many times people close to the program (for this thread's example, BabyDeac) have to say that the players didn't like [name redacted] for it to reach some certain posters.

I wrote a long article about Travis and his response to me in almost no uncertain terms indicated that he had been in a hellhole for four years. I don't know how many times people close to the program (for this thread's example, BabyDeac) have to say that the players didn't like [name redacted] for it to reach some certain posters.

I advise everyone to read this post and take it to heart. It speaks the truth.

Regardless, I don't think Travis has NBA talent. I'm just saying. I think he'll do well in Europe. I hate the fact he had to play at Wake the last four years.

Regardless, I don't think Travis has NBA talent. I'm just saying. I think he'll do well in Europe. I hate the fact he had to play at Wake the last four years.

What are you saying? NBA scouts disagreed with your analysis during the summer after his sophomore season. He obviously regressed from there on out. I think we can do the math as to why.

Back