• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Moto360, et al. --- Unoffficial Smart Watch and Pocket Protector Discussion Thread

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
Anybody else rock a Moto360 or something similar?

I sort of stumbled into getting one when they launched & wasn't exactly sold on the concept of a smart watch.

I still don't fully understand how to operate it but it has (slowly but surely) become my favorite gadget in recent memory.

I have made a couple decent WF-themed faces I can share if anybody is interested.

edit to add-

The features that I find to be legitimately valuable are:

-Navigation in traffic. (The voice recognition is so, so solid. It has gotten me out of several jams in instances that I wouldn't have felt comfortable pulling out my clunky Note II)

-short response text messages. I leave my phone on my desk quite a bit and being able to send & receive quick bits of info from anywhere around my office/warehouse is real handy. Along the same lines, controlling our music (playing over bluetooth) without having to track my phone down & navigate through that interface is cool.

-from a style perspective it's neat to be able to change up the appearance of the watch so easily. If you don't have it turned up super bright it really doesn't stick out as anything other than a sharp classic watch.

Last edited:
My mother-in-law is getting me one for Christmas. From what I've read, the Android Smart Wear app store isn't super great but neither was the Android app store at first so I'm sure it will get better over time.

The Moto-360 was the nicest looking one I saw.

I would love to see the Wake faces you've come up with.

My mother-in-law is getting me one for Christmas. From what I've read, the Android Smart Wear app store isn't super great but neither was the Android app store at first so I'm sure it will get better over time.

The Moto-360 was the nicest looking one I saw.

I would love to see the Wake faces you've come up with.

This is a fairly basic digital one. I'm playing with a couple of more traditional/analog designs. I just started messing around with this on the drive towards W-S... I'm by no means skilled yet but it's fun to kill time.

kiXJIu8.jpg

(Not sure why the whites (hues) aren't matching up on that imgur link but they're not clashing on the actual watch)

I started playing around with the Facer app because I couldn't find a decent golf-themed design.

This was my first attempt at a face (which is where I'm pulling the digital elements from):

cCzDEt0.jpg

i work as an Android developer for a living, manager just got me a Moto 360 today. Will definitely be playing with it this weekend.

Have had one for maybe like 6 weeks now. Really like it. Those above faces won't work well, as notifications come in at the bottom, right where the time is, but good ideas.

Back