• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mottos/Quotes/Sayings you live by

all the time: the Golden Rule

at work: "don't do anything that will put you in the paper" (wise words from my boss on my very first day)

while working out/doing something physically strenuous: "be tough. buck up." (or i start laughing envisioning my dad singing "youuu caaannn do it you can do it you can do it you can do it...")

The Lord loves a workin' man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive. - Van Wilder

Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the ‘transcendent’ and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don’t be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish. Picture all experts as if they were mammals. Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence. Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.-Christopher Hitchens

I try to employ the platinum rule over the golden rule when possible.

You've got to pay the cost to be the boss...

Act as if...

Always be closing...

a piggy bank with 2 nickels in it can make a lot more noise than a full one.

all the time: the Golden Rule

at work: "don't do anything that will put you in the paper" (wise words from my boss on my very first day)

while working out/doing something physically strenuous: "be tough. buck up." (or i start laughing envisioning my dad singing "youuu caaannn do it you can do it you can do it you can do it...")

bolded is a good one. we call it "don't fail the front page test"

"No matter how hot a girl is, if she's single, some guy was sick of fucking her".

"Eventually, you just have to play the cards you are dealt".

You added "if shes single" yourself. The real saying is "no matter how hot she is some guy somewhere is sick of her shit."

"Our chief want in life is someone who shall make us do what we can. Having found them, we shall then hate them for it"

"Negligence starts where they don't think you'll find it"

Aiyyo I'm gonna be on ti-dop, that's all my eyes can see
Victory is mine, yeah surprisingly
I've been laying, waiting for your next mistake
I put in work, and watch my status escalate

"All I had to do was go like this. And just like that, I killed him with my fist." - MC Krispy Kreme

Every relationship (meaning intimate/sexual) you will ever be in will fail. Except for one if you're lucky.

You added "if shes single" yourself. The real saying is "no matter how hot she is some guy somewhere is sick of her shit."

Umm, someone told that to me with "if she's single" so tomato to-mato

Back