• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mountain Cabin

Wake95

Reaction score
My family of four and another family of four (kids aged from 3ish to 12ish) are looking for a long weekend in the mountains somewhere...not more than 2-3 hrs from Winston. Looking for something fairly nice, but not over the top. Not looking to be at a resort. No condos. Not looking to ski or anything. Just somewhere quiet and picturesque to spend time with friends. If anyone has any recs on places ...particularly specific homes...I would really appreciate it. Looking to try to do it sometime in February probably.

No specific recommendations, other than to say I've had good success using Airbnb.com and FRBO.com.

In terms of place Banner Elk/Foscoe/Linville is close to Boone and Blowing rock.

No specific recommendations, other than to say I've had good success using Airbnb.com and FRBO.com.

This. You can create a folder of homes you like and discuss with the group.

My group of friends has rented Rest Your Ashe for the past two years (and again in a couple of weeks). We enjoy the views and the amenities of the home. It is located in West Jefferson so it isn't in the Boone/Blowing Rock/Banner Elk area. It's certainly close enough for our group and I think it makes the home less expensive to rent.

My family would rent a house up in Fancy Gap every year when I was younger. Beautiful area and the views are spectacular.

If you are willing to travel 4 hours, we have a 3 bedroom chalet in Gatlinburg. It has three king suites each with a separate bathroom, there is also a sleeper sofa and other sleep option in the game room (sleeps 10). The game room has a pool table, air hockey, and fusbol tables. There are HD TV in each bedroom, the living room, and the game room. Free internet, néw stainless steel appliances... it is called A Hibernation Station. A group called Amazing Views Of The Smokes is the property manager, but if you contact me directly, I can put an owner's block on the days you need and offer a better rate.

Check carolinacabinrentals.com, too. Never used them but the site looks good. Have used VRBO a few times and had good results.

Back