• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Movie Theater Candies Ranked Worst to Best (Very Important, Fatties)

Popcorn > any candy.

I don't do the whole candy in with the popcorn deal, but someone did turn me on to the flavor profile of Butterfingers and popcorn, so I usually do that for at least a couple bites. A scene in this season of Mr. Robot was the first time I had heard of people pouring M&M's in with the popcorn. I don't care where they claim to melt, that just seems messy.

For the record, Buncha Crunch gets my vote for #1, but it's hard to argue against SPK.

Last edited:
This list should be called the Best Movie Theater Candies to Pair with Popcorn, In My Opinion, But SPKs are #1 Because They Are Just The Best.

Anyway, it sucks, other than getting No. 1 right. Sno-Caps? Really? And you're gonna rank Whoppers dead last? GTFOH

This list should be called the Best Movie Theater Candies to Pair with Popcorn, In My Opinion, But SPKs are #1 Because They Are Just The Best.

Anyway, it sucks, other than getting No. 1 right. Sno-Caps? Really? And you're gonna rank Whoppers dead last? GTFOH

Sno-Caps are awesome

Did the priest force feed them to you to stifle your cries?

Sour patch kids were the biggest ripoff in the candy section. Huge box with a tiny plastic bag on the inside that filled like 30% of the box volume.

Yeah, but if you eat any more than that, your mouth will be fucked up for days.

I have to believe Whoppers are dead last because malt chocolate in general is so polarizing. Probably means they should be somewhere in the middle.

I may be about to start a war here, but I'm not sure if you lined up a Red Vine beside a Twizzler that I would be able to tell the difference. There is also a possibility that I've never had a Red Vine :couch:

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had a Red Vine. The only thing that Twizzlers have going for you is the fact that they give you like 30 pounds of them for the same price as everything else. Which really isn't a plus.

I don't think I've ever had a Red Vine. The only thing that Twizzlers have going for you is the fact that they give you like 30 pounds of them for the same price as everything else. Which really isn't a plus.

this post made me laugh

Milk Duds should be the clear winner - they last the longest and taste the best, plus they sound a little more muffled coming out of the box as compared to things like M&Ms, reese's pieces, and skittles, and they don't have a loud crinkly bag-inside-the-box thing like SPKs do.

1. milk duds
2. junior mints
3. SPK
4. Buncha Crunch

everything else.

i support this take.

Yeah, but if you eat any more than that, your mouth will be fucked up for days.
Yeah, the first 5 or 10 are good, then they just scrape the roof of your mouth off. Also, raisinettes? What? They sell those at the theater?

you realize you are maligning nonpareils--one of the all time great candies?

Give Trader Joes version a shot

Did not know that word, but the alternate definition would seem to agree with you:

nonpareil: 1: an unrivaled or matchless person or thing.

what's wrong with raisinettes

Raisinettes are for poor and rubes so desperate to make candy they have to mix Chocolate with a health snack. SPK as number one is the clear winner, but snowcaps in the top five? WTF.

Last edited:
adults eat candy at the movies?

This, all the theaters in Austin serve booze so I always just play the how many doubles can I slam before the movie ends game. If I want a treat I will get a milkshake with booze, because this is America.

Back