• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mr. Rogers Documentary

ELC commented on it in the movie thread in the pit. Post 4163

Damn this looks powerful. Anyone see it yet?

Wow. Thanks for posting that. Will definitely make a point to see that film. So different from the vitriol we see across the board in our country right now.

I commented on this too in post 4042. Specifically

Won't You Be My Neighbor - It's amazing. GFY to anyone that says otherwise. Mr. Rogers would staunchly disapprove of that but I don't care.

If you find that you align with ELC's take on various things, especially movies, then fine, maybe his advice is relevant for you. If you have a human soul, this movie is fantastic. 99% on RT, 85% Metacritic.

It’s very good. Fred Rogers was a pretty great dude, and there are a few revelations about his quirkiness that are funny.

Powerful is not how I'd describe it. It's about Fred Rogers and what he meant to a lot of people. Like most people, he had some pretty interesting points and happenings during his life. What I mostly took away from the movie is that he was apparently really the good guy he portrayed even if he came across like Sandusky. An interesting cat, a weird cat.

But I saw it when I was already pretty tired, had a Dr. Pepper to wake me up for the movie, and just found myself bored like I was when I was 4 and watching his show and thinking he was weird and his puppets were dumb. Maybe my opinion is colored by that, but I doubt it. I find that documentaries are best watched from the home where you can pause and pee or whatever. There are rare riveting exceptions like One Day In September, but this one is no exception.

Not my experience at all. I thought it was very well done and conveyed Mr. Rogers' philosophy well.

I think it's fair to say that ELC's takes are pretty consistent across everything.

Back