• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW - Codi is the key

I like the last part personally. Got a nice jab in, basically saying "if you don't win next year bzz, you and wellman are gone." that's one prediction i definitely hope is true

What a fucking dumb, nonsensical article. Jesus Christ, Daniel. That was terrible and you know it.

What a fucking dumb, nonsensical article. Jesus Christ, Daniel. That was terrible and you know it.

What else is he supposed to write about?

Oh wait. Spring practice.

I always thought LD had some of the freakiest athletic ability I've seen on the basketball court. Not necessarily a good player, but one helluva athlete and fun to watch him fly.

with my lateral quickness

The best raw, pure athlete at Wake in the last 2 decades is Rodney Rogers. That guy was a physical freak. I'm not sure that Bill Moto is fit to lick his shoes.

Antwan Scott was a better athlete than Moto. Moto is more Arinze than Rodgers. Height become a good player but pretty ridiculous hyperbole by Dan there.

while it is a small sample, Dan does provide three examples of players who made big jumps in production from freshman to sophomore years. Some of the increases were due to more playing time. Others came from the kids working on things that needed work over the summer between year 1 and year 2.

The most recent player on that list ended his freshman year 10 years ago.

You all are way to tough on Dan. That was another good article. It was an "if" piece that he's done at least twice now. Some of you just need to make some effort to read b/w the lines.

I agree about everything except the good article part. People definitely don't see what he's doing. He basically wrote a hit piece on the basketball program in the nicest way possible. You've heard of damning with faint praise? How about damning with faint praise, unrealistic ifs, and hyperbole?

The two best Wake athletes currently on our bench are both wearing ties to the games.

Yawn.

But then again, what else is Dan going to write about? I did like the last sentence, though.

Not sure if being an "athlete" and being "athletic" are the same thing, but you could certainly make an arguement that Rusty Larue (shooting guard, QB, pitcher) was the best athlete to play basketball at Wake.

Vytas was a better pure athlete than Moto as well, at least until he discovered the hot wing buffet at Freddie Bs.

Not even the point, Codi could get to the basket whenever he wanted a hell of a lot easier than CJ. He could average that if he wanted next year. With CJ gone who else is gonna do it?

I will guarantee that codi does not average 17 ppt next year. Cj had to be the scorer this year and didn't do it.

Vytas was a better pure athlete than Moto as well, at least until he discovered the hot wing buffet at Freddie Bs.

While Vytas had good feet and bounce as a frosh, he was pretty weak in the upper body. Moto is built like a brick shithouse. Vytas' downfall started when he began dating this chick who was a total downer. God she sucked so bad. Probably drove him to the buffet/bottle.

Comparing Cav to Ryan Kelly. LOL. Just LOL.

I guess that nobody remembers that Ryan Kelly wasn't very good his FR season. Actually he and Cav put up very similar numbers in their first year. Ryan did make a big jump his So season. I have a feeling that Cav will too.

I had forgotten that Kelly played so little on the 2010 team (National Champs btw). His shooting %'s were pretty bad. He was a much more heralded recruit than Cav.

Back