• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Good Article on Whitlock

FWIW, If the coaching staff had one half the intensity and desire to succeed as Nikita Whitlock. No doubt this team would have Duke's record or better than being on the bottom and looking up!

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_d5cae12c-548b-11e3-a138-0019bb30f31a.html
I would help if we had played Duke's schedule. What a joke! In 2006, we played Clemson, at Ole Miss, VT, at Md, at FSU ,at NCSU and at UNC. They have beaten 7 teams with losing records at won at VT, who lost to Md at home. UNC will be toughest game of the year .

FWIW, If the coaching staff had one half the intensity and desire to succeed as Nikita Whitlock. No doubt this team would have Duke's record or better than being on the bottom and looking up!

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_d5cae12c-548b-11e3-a138-0019bb30f31a.html

I attended today's game primarily because of Whitlock. While I desperately wanted a win, I expected the result we got. However, I decided not to stay away, even though that would have been easier in numerous ways, because Nikita plays so hard that I felt ashamed to miss his last home game.

He may well be my favorite Wake player ever. I seriously doubt that anyone ever played harder on every single play.

I would help if we had played Duke's schedule. What a joke! In 2006, we played Clemson, at Ole Miss, VT, at Md, at FSU ,at NCSU and at UNC. They have beaten 7 teams with losing records at won at VT, who lost to Md at home. UNC will be toughest game of the year .

Our schedule this year isn't that much different than Duke's.

It's not so much the schedule as the lack of intensity in the coaching staff. The desire to succeed that was so evident in Grobe's early years has been absent for a long time...

Not having to play the two best teams in the conference is "not much different than our schedule?"

Ph vs. PH. This could get good.

Ph vs. PH. This could get good.

Nah. He wins. I was thinking in terms of how Duke would do against our schedule. Probably 6-2 or 5-3. We did have a harder one and they got to play 3 of the 4 teams we 2 or fewer conference wins in State, Virginia, and Wake. Maryland will probably get off that list next week.

Not having to play the two best teams in the conference is "not much different than our schedule?"

Best team in acc beat the shit out of us in 2006 (vt). Clempsum also beetter than us and beat us. It happens. Dook had sweet schedule and won games. Good for them.

I hope Dan asks Grobe job security questions, the impact a lame duck coach will have on recruiting, etc in the annual season recap the first week of December.

It should be framed in terms of the 3 remaining years on his contract and what is the plan going forward.

Are you working on a contract extension with Wellman?

Can you guarantee this year's recruiting class that you will coach them their senior year?

If not, is there a plan for a current member of your staff to take over when you step down?

Back