• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MTOW, Reinvigorated, Wellman Looks to the Future

For whatever value this may be. Obviously there is a lot of room for variance in success, but there also seems to be a general trend in that the greater your investment, the more successful the program.

SchoolBudget
Miami$24,672,810
V Tech
$24,596,694
Florida State
$23,427,950
Louisville
$23,186,536
Syracuse
$22,663,307
UVA
$21,455,217
Clemson
$19,969,497
BC
$19,703,856
Duke
$19,234,750
Georgia Tech
$19,056,786
Pitt
$18,929,148
NC State
$18,486,858
UNC
$15,912,188
Wake Forest
$14,054,107

Not sure if serious, genuine and suffered a brain injury, or just plain ol' fashioned stupid.

A lot of things excite me about our program,” Wellman said. “The two new coaches have generated a lot of enthusiasm amongst our fans, and the way they have been embraced by our teams and the enthusiasm of the players they are coaching — all the way through the fans and the community members.

What a joke - all we hear from this guy for 4 years is about "building a foundation" and then when he's asked what excites him about the program do we hear anything looking back to the importance of building the right foundation so we can successfully move forward? Nooooooooooooo! Instead we hear about the new coaches and the excitement they're bringing. Ron, you can't have it both ways - We all knew for years that there would be excitement with new coaches - only one problem - the one numnut who had the power to make that happen was too arrogant and stubborn to make it happen - now after his hand was forced into making the changes he wants the credit for the fresh, new excitement coming with these coaches and no mention of the great foundation that was built (which we all know wasn't built and was a sham to begin with) and that he preached for so long.......just nauseating

A lot of things excite me about our program,” Wellman said. “The two new coaches have generated a lot of enthusiasm amongst our fans, and the way they have been embraced by our teams and the enthusiasm of the players they are coaching — all the way through the fans and the community members.

What a joke - all we hear from this guy for 4 years is about "building a foundation" and then when he's asked what excites him about the program do we hear anything looking back to the importance of building the right foundation so we can successfully move forward? Nooooooooooooo! Instead we hear about the new coaches and the excitement they're bringing. Ron, you can't have it both ways - We all knew for years that there would be excitement with new coaches - only one problem - the one numnut who had the power to make that happen was too arrogant and stubborn to make it happen - now after his hand was forced into making the changes he wants the credit for the fresh, new excitement coming with these coaches and no mention of the great foundation that was built (which we all know wasn't built and was a sham to begin with) and that he preached for so long.......just nauseating

Anyone, and I mean, ANYONE, who has been in business for more than a week, knows that Wellman simply bought himself time and padded his ENORMOUS ego.

This wasn't about the hires. It was about the firings and "change". He affected change to appease the masses and will be retired before anything ever has a chance to hit the fan.
Sharp business move. I personally despise the assclown but the moves were timely and helped save his egotistical ass. I don't think he personally gives a damn whether these coaches succeed or not. He'll be long gone.

He knows he'll retire with Nathan "NOTRE DAME" Hatch, the blue hairs and some very gullible BOTs singing his praises when his ass should have been summarily fired during the [Redacted] fiasco.

Not a bad business move.

Does Wellman ever recover from the [Redacted] hire? I tend to think not, he will always be discussed with a "yeah but."

Does Wellman ever recover from the [Redacted] hire? I tend to think not, he will always be discussed with a "yeah but."

But what about Manning's incredible recruiting successes?

Surely those will free us from the stench of [Redacted]!

Actually it is a pretty adept PR shift from building a foundation to new, fresh excitement..

The hard cores can see through it but the masses eat it up

short of Manning winning a national championship, Wellman's reputation amongst Wake fans is forever tarnished. He destroyed our program and his goodwill. Just hope he retires soon.

I give my money to sports teams by going to their events to be entertained.
I don't give money to Athletic Departments because that is stupid.
I give my money to charities because they need the money to do good work in the community/nation/world.

The entire notion of giving money to an Athletic Department is just so outlandishly ridiculous to me. Do you also just donate money to your favorite professional sports teams so that they can build new stadiums, practice facilities, and weight rooms?

These Athletic Departments get a shit ton of money from television already and they still want their fans to foot the bill for facility upgrades? hahahaha, no thanks.

The entire notion of giving money to an Athletic Department is just so outlandishly ridiculous to me. Do you also just donate money to your favorite professional sports teams so that they can build new stadiums, practice facilities, and weight rooms?

These Athletic Departments get a shit ton of money from television already and they still want their fans to foot the bill for facility upgrades? hahahaha, no thanks.
8d5RdCR.jpg

You forgot about scholarships.

You forgot about scholarships.

Oh, I'm sorry, do the multi-millions they bring in from TV deals not cover the insane tuition price that Wake has been raising incessantly over the past 10 years?

And I'm pretty sure professional contracts cost more money than scholarships. Again, do you just donate money to your favorite pro-sports teams?

Not sure the booster club has much say in the rising cost of tuition. I do not donate to my favorite sports team (or Wake at the moment). There's quite a revenue discrepancy between what most colleges athletic programs and pro sports teams generate.

Also, glad to have you back, Moon. It has been a few months for us.

Lost revenue under Bzzz's regime had to be an astronomical amount. Consistently winning -- if we ever get there again -- will bring in lots of money.

Back