• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muggsy Bogues and the 1987 NBA Draft

horrible quality video, but here's Muggsy blocking a shot from Ewing

he was credited with a steal - but this is a blocked shot

Mugsy at Duke in 1985 was best game he ever played in college. He dominated the game and WF beat #1 ranked Dook.

There will never be another player that is as unique or as fun to watch as Muggsy. I feel bad for anyone that didn't get to watch him.
One of a kind for sure…..great memories of watching his greatness from courtside….

You fuckers gave me a scare resurrecting a six year old thread and saying nostalgic things. I had about five minutes where I thought he passed away but fortunately that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Mugsy at Duke in 1985 was best game he ever played in college. He dominated the game and WF beat #1 ranked Dook.
It was definitely his breakout game. He went from being treated as a novelty to being considered one of the best players in the ACC. Although Duke was "only" ranked #2 when we beat them.

My seats are with Muggsy's at Hornets games. It is unbelievable how often he gets fans coming to his seat to get pics/selfies. It is almost constant interruption at times. I don't see how he does it but he never complains and is always happy to do it. I know he likes seeing Muggsy #1 Hornets jerseys around the arena.

If muggsy’s supporting cast had been more talented, he would own every assist record in acc history. He had the bad timing of playing during a down time in wake history and he had very few teammates who were acc caliber. He absolutely carried those teams.

One of a kind for sure…..great memories of watching his greatness from courtside….
Seeya thought he could get away with the biggest humblebrag on this thread... guitardeac said "hold my beer"
My seats are with Muggsy's at Hornets games. It is unbelievable how often he gets fans coming to his seat to get pics/selfies. It is almost constant interruption at times. I don't see how he does it but he never complains and is always happy to do it. I know he likes seeing Muggsy #1 Hornets jerseys around the arena.

You fuckers gave me a scare resurrecting a six year old thread and saying nostalgic things. I had about five minutes where I thought he passed away but fortunately that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Pretty sure that would warrant a new thread.

Back