• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

my greatest fear...

WindyCityDeac

Reaction score
is that we have a better record next year. I feel like we have a chance at that... We finish around .500, keep bzzz and are mired in the misery of mediocrity for the next decade.

This feels very much like a breakup/divorce. You want to move on...you see her on occasion and she looks lousy so you realize you can find better. You even tap some hoodrats in the process. But then off and on you see her looking pretty good so you guys hook up again. And the cycle continues...never ending and never moving forward.

Wake Forest Fans... welcome to your new reality. Mediocrity...

is that we have a better record next year. I feel like we have a chance at that... We finish around .500, keep bzzz and are mired in the misery of mediocrity for the next decade.

This feels very much like a breakup/divorce. You want to move on...you see her on occasion and she looks lousy so you realize you can find better. You even tap some hoodrats in the process. But then off and on you see her looking pretty good so you guys hook up again. And the cycle continues...never ending and never moving forward.

Therapy. Get some.

13 and 18 two straight years is NOT mediocrity. If he even ever approaches mediocrity(not likely to see in our lifetime), the students will finally be able to break out their ten-year old toilet paper rolls for the quad.

I feel like we will probably have a better record. With a soft ooc schedule and not having 7 freshman, I think we'll have fewer letdowns against abysmal competition, but ultimately will not be a better team. I feel VT is the only team whose prospects are not better than ours.

It's a possibility, but looking at Buzz's past trends, I have no reason to conclude that he'll be above 0.500 next year. Only when he leaves a program do his teams do well....

13 and 18 two straight years is NOT mediocrity. If he even ever approaches mediocrity(not likely to see in our lifetime), the students will finally be able to break out their ten-year old toilet paper rolls for the quad.

Yeah, mediocrity is what we are trying to get to, and it appears it may still be a couple of seasons away.

When you set the bar low, the standard for "success" becomes a lot easier. There will be spontaneous combustion of several board posters when Hatch backs Wellman and Wellman announces a 3-year extension for [Redacted] this time next year.

:sick:

It doesnt matter if we get better. Wellman has no targets for Buzz to hit. If we don't sway Hatch and the BOT, dumbass will keep Buzz around forever.

13-18 is a SHITTY record. SHITTY, no other way to put it. 3 straight years of this is unconscionable, if that is even a word. This team wasn't on NCAA probation, not coming off death penalty...THIS IS ALL SELF IMPOSED FOR NO GOOD REASON AT ALL. Except some people think this is the way WFU basketball should operate.

You'll always have those quality halftime shows to look forward to...like those big-headed characters that run around so hilariously? Yeah.

I feel like we will probably have a better record. With a soft ooc schedule and not having 7 freshman, I think we'll have fewer letdowns against abysmal competition, but ultimately will not be a better team. I feel VT is the only team whose prospects are not better than ours.

It will take a lot for us to have an equal record with last. If I'm not mistake we trade games with F$U, BC, MD and VT for games with Lousiville, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Pitt. This doesn't bode well for us.

The Miami win absolutely killed us. We could go 8-20 next year, but if we beat a top 10 team, Wellman will spin it into progress and historical competitiveness. And the idiots who keep donating money will be satisfied with the bogus culture claims once again.*

*The irony here is that the odds are that these people with money are probably quite intelligent, yet for whatever reason, are idiots when it comes to buying into Wellman's bullshit hook, line, and sinker.

9le49e.jpg

It will take a lot for us to have an equal record with last. If I'm not mistake we trade games with F$U, BC, MD and VT for games with Lousiville, Syracuse, Notre Dame and Pitt. This doesn't bode well for us.

Or maybe it does.

Back