• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My Numbers

Shorty

Boomer Boy
Reaction score
I am only asking for input from people who understand these numbers and have experienced what I am about to go through. My Gleason score is 3+4=7. My PSA is 9. My urologist recommends beam therapy radiation. Have any of you been through that? Successful? Side effects?

I am sorry to hear that Shorty. My father had similar numbers to you 2 years ago. He had two options for a cure, one being radiation for 5 days a week for 8 weeks coupled with a two year hormone treatment and the other was the surgical removal of the prostate, a robotic prostatectomy. He went the surgery route and thankfully everything went well. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

My dad is ten years cancer free now, hang in there Shorty.

My father was 3+4 as well. Tumors with a primary score of 3 and a secondary score of 4 have a fairly good outlook. Terrible timing with coronavirus but this is not something to put off.

Back