• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My pleasure

some of you need to gain a sense of humor. You see, its funny to examine the informal/casual lexicon of our country and dissect it and feign anger about the literal meaning. See: Lewis Black, Larry David, Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, George Carlin, etc.

We aren't in an "i'm happier and less-bothered than anyone else" competition.

in a similar vein, when you talking or online chatting with customer service reps in India and they are over-the-top about how sorry they are about your problem and how they will do everything possible to fix it bothers me

it makes me feel bad for the customer service rep in a shitty job reading off a script and it makes me mad at the company for making the problem so difficult to fix

some of you need to gain a sense of humor. You see, its funny to examine the informal/casual lexicon of our country and dissect it and feign anger about the literal meaning. See: Lewis Black, Larry David, Dave Chappelle, Bill Burr, George Carlin, etc.

Leave the comedy to the comedians

I had to say "Thank you for calling the UPS Store this is Townie, how may I be of service to you today?" about 5838389294 times when I was a teenager and I hated it every bit as much as the ppl calling

"don't mention it" is my personal go to

seriously, don't mention it. i wouldn't have done it if i didn't want to.

In Toronto right now. They have worries. But they're lying and telling me they don't.

It bothers me when Chick-Fil-A employees say it, too.

When asked "How are you?" one of my co-workers always responds "All is well." I've stopped asking her.

I once had a co-worker who when asked "How are you?" would invariably respond by telling me what day of the week it was. For example..."Good morning, how are you?"...."It's Tuesday". I mean, I kinda get that if it is Monday or Friday as those two days carry a specific connotation, but it was every day of the week. I too stopped asking her how she was doing, but would frequently hear her answer others the same way. It was puzzling.

Difference is they are funny and yall are miserable cunt muffins. No problem though, continue.

I once had a co-worker who when asked "How are you?" would invariably respond by telling me what day of the week it was. For example..."Good morning, how are you?"...."It's Tuesday". I mean, I kinda get that if it is Monday or Friday as those two days carry a specific connotation, but it was every day of the week. I too stopped asking her how she was doing, but would frequently hear her answer others the same way. It was puzzling.

I'll do this sometimes on Monday and Friday. Monday meaning obviously I'm shitty because I'm coming down from a three day bender and am forced to talk with you. Friday meaning obviously I'm good im about to start a three day bender and im not gonna have to talk to your ass until Monday.

Displaying a positive attitude, even when you don't have one, improves your mental state. #science

No, you do. So miserable. You'll never win the "I'm the happiest and most positive man in America" award if you don't Holmes

What are you talking about? I'm a three time "I'm the happiest and most positive man in America" award winner. They retired my jersey two seasons ago. I'm currently a finalist in your "I'm happier and less bothered than anyone else" contest. If I can just nail this lexicon dissection event you discuss, I'll put another trophy in my grinning from ear to ear trophy case.

My best wishes to you and your family. Cheers!!!

What about when you say "Thank you" and the other replies "You got it". I've started to realize that it makes no sense.

What are you talking about? I'm a three time "I'm the happiest and most positive man in America" award winner. They retired my jersey two seasons ago. I'm currently a finalist in your "I'm happier and less bothered than anyone else" contest. If I can just nail this lexicon dissection event you discuss, I'll put another trophy in my grinning from ear to ear trophy case.

My best wishes to you and your family. Cheers!!!

i disagree, you're kind of a grump

Back