• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

My take on whatever

berneses

Reaction score
More great blogs by Dan Collins, writing today that Manning should bring a grey beard on staff to help him coach. I am all for it but as Dan C. says would Manning even listen.

Why wouldn't be just drop Manning and hire the guy that can coach?

22 turnovers and shooting 30% and we still had a chance to tie with less than 30 seconds to go and the coach less team makes another stupid turnover to blow the game.

Too bad Dan was not harder on Bzz. He didn't step up when it mattered most.

This is something my buddies and I have been talking about for a while. We need an old guy to actually coach the players on how to play basketball.

Manning does not believe anyone is as smart as he is. He is too stubborn to make any changes. As Dan says, he would not listen to anyone

So.... tired.... of.... losing.... still:(

Let Chill coach the team at the ACCT Tues Wake Forest Invitational.

Would a man who has started TT every single game of a miserable 20 loss season listen to a coach that knows so much more than he does? I would assume he would be too threatened by Odom for that to ever work.

Who starts the same completely ineffective player every game? It is obviously a mistake and a bad call, but he does it every single game. He is either mindblowingly dense or mindblowingly stubborn.

Doesn't really matter which. He does not belong on any bench as a head coach, much less in the ACC.

22 turnovers and shooting 30% and we still had a chance to tie with less than 30 seconds to go and the coach less team makes another stupid turnover to blow the game.

What that tells us all is just how bad the Georgia Tech team is also.

I have a feeling he promised TT he'd start every game as a way to get him to come. No other rational or logical reason

I have a feeling he promised TT he'd start every game as a way to get him to come. No other rational or logical reason

True, but who does that? How ignorant would a coach be to promise someone they could start every game? But, what other reason could it be?

Manning is an enigma wrapped around nothing.

So.... tired.... of.... losing.... still:(

Let Chill coach the team at the ACCT Tues Wake Forest Invitational.

Why in the world do you think that Randolph Childress knows any more about coaching basketball than Danny Manning does? Both were great college players. Both played professional basketball for a great number of years. And yes it is obvious that Manning reached the mountaintop as a college player and also a professional player. But just because you could play the game does not mean you can coach the game. Look at how pitiful our guards are. They are coached by Randolph & Steve Woodberry, both guards, right. Manning coaches the big men and at least has developed John Collins into a first round NBA player and Doral Moore into one of just three ACC guys averaging double-doubles in conference play this season. Not saying either one of them are good head coaches. Just saying we need something much more than what we have now on that bench.

That's so stupid. What would happen if he didn't start him? Think Thompson would sue for breach of contract? Would leave the team and go to Villanova or Virginia? I seriously doubt that Manning promised a guy that didn't even start for Marshall that he would start "every game". Now, is there a more rational reason for why Thompson keeps starting? Not really. The guy has the skills of a walk-on.

Back