• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

N.C State in serious talks with Rick Barnes

I would be shocked if Texas hired Frank Haith when Barnes leaves (now or sometime down the road), however don't forget that before he took the Miami job Haith was one of the most highly regarded assistants in the country. It would be interesting to see what Frank could do at a school where it is easier to win in basketball than it is at Miami....

Last edited:
Haith has a decent amount of talent. Good guards, bunch of athletes, beastly Reggie Johnson. I don't know why they aren't better than they are.

I guess this mean's we're LOWF for a few years to come. UNC, Duke and State will all have big time coaches even though Barnes sucks in the NCAAT. How depressing. Then again, we could never beat State anyway.

Haith has a decent amount of talent. Good guards, bunch of athletes, beastly Reggie Johnson. I don't know why they aren't better than they are.

I said that when they beat us in the ACCT last year.

That team should have been dancing easily.

^^ Per who? Insider knowledge? I doubt Sean Miller goes anywhere with the program and class coming into Arizona.

Spoke to my Barnes "insider" this morning and he had nothing to report. He was not aware of the rumors and he is a NC State fan. However, he had not talked to Rick since the game last week.

He also said that Rick really likes Texas and his AD. Something would have to change for him to consider it.

Texas wouldn't allow negotiations to go on for long if they want to keep him. They don't keep up with the Jones'. They are the Jones'. Not sure what the grammar is on Jones plural....

Maybe TX is getting tired of his early NCAA exits despite having loads of talent on his teams.

I don't really participate on any Texas boards any more, but I have browsed a couple of them over the last 24 hours and haven't seen a word of this anywhere.

Latest claim I've seen regarding this is Barnes wasn't spotted @NCSU, he was spotted @RDU, and the reason he's here is for Dave Telep's Carolina Challenge.

I'm getting the impression there's nothing to see here.

Spoke to my Barnes "insider" this morning and he had nothing to report. He was not aware of the rumors and he is a NC State fan. However, he had not talked to Rick since the game last week.

He also said that Rick really likes Texas and his AD. Something would have to change for him to consider it.

Texas wouldn't allow negotiations to go on for long if they want to keep him. They don't keep up with the Jones'. They are the Jones'. Not sure what the grammar is on Jones plural....

Joneses

Latest claim I've seen regarding this is Barnes wasn't spotted @NCSU, he was spotted @RDU, and the reason he's here is for Dave Telep's Carolina Challenge.

I'm getting the impression there's nothing to see here.

Can coaches attend the Carolina Challenge? I had heard they could not...

Texas fans are tired of Barnes, but UT fans also suck. They put their program on par with Kansas and have no reason to.

... and State takes another strike. So far this is not much different than their last search, although I guess Smart is a good target (though I will hate this if it happens).

Guy on the radio (didn't catch who they were actually interviewing) said Miller is looking pretty unlikely, as well.

This feels familiar. There are still 13 other dudes from that 1983 team who could coach. Thurl Bailey is already an inspirational speaker, he might as well buy his red blazer now.

Back