• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Name countries that you frequently forget exist

A spectre is haunting America - the spectre of nationalism.

This thread appears as a invocation of the American nationalistic worldview - that an implied American cultural hegemony makes way for an individual to forget the very existence of other countries. Would not the American be appalled to hear of a foreigner (the Other to them) forget their country's existence? Would they not be shocked to behold one who had never heard trivia on the cultural hubs of New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and so on and so forth? They would react as an offended child, scolded for pointing out a falsehood they took to be obvious truth! It is clear to me from this post that instead of a life led by understanding, Americans choose instead the spectre of nationalism as their international helmsman.

Coach from Cheers taught how me to remember where Albania is (real talk).

I can never remember what the countries are on the NE part of S. America. Two Guyanas and something else.

Bhutan.

All the countries west of Nigeria, except for Ghana and Ivory Coast.

Not sure if this counts, but I always thought Trinidad and Tobago were two different countries. Terrible name for a country.

Lesotho
Swaziland

You should form a study group with the poster who said he couldn't remember any country in south Africa other than South Africa. Unfortunately I don't see that post now to quote it. Not sure if deleted, ip glitch, or whatevah.

You should form a study group with the poster who said he couldn't remember any country in south Africa other than South Africa. Unfortunately I don't see that post now to quote it. Not sure if deleted, ip glitch, or whatevah.

It was deleted, yep.

Back