• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nancy Pelosi to step down from House Dem party leadership

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Figured this one deserved it's own thread.

JUST IN: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced she will not run for a leadership post, a move that marks the end of an era and sets up a major shakeup for House Democrats.

I hope Clyburn and Hoyer follow her lead.

GOP put out a flyer...

WANTED: GOP requires a new woman in politics to become the new "boogeyman".

Requirements: Democrat, woman, audible

so is the lesson here if we go after politicians with a hammer we'll get them to quit?

I'm sure Fox News is already joking about that
my cousin used to work on the Hill and he had some swag that said "A woman's place is in the House...as Speaker!"

I'm sure they're making actual jokes about that now

She was a very effective speaker. I hope the younger generation produces someone of her equal or better.

Brooklyn/Queens, Boston suburbs, San Bernadino

I would hope they could at least find one leader who isn't on the coasts.

I realize the transition of leadership has been planned for a while. But it's pretty funny to hand it off to a NY Dem after this past election.

we couldn't have just learned from the 2020 campaign and picked a generic white guy?

Instead they're led by the radical soft on crime inner-city Hakeem Jeffries.

Brooklyn/Queens, Boston suburbs, San Bernadino

I would hope they could at least find one leader who isn't on the coasts.
Pssssssh some of us here interned in the Congressional Office of the Mass 5th District, put some respect on that name.

Instead they're led by the radical soft on crime inner-city Hakeem Jeffries.

Libs: Ensure that every major Democratic Party structure is unquestionably controlled by milquetoast moderate corporatist liberals who will gain 100 million dollars in office

Cons: sneering, spit running down their chin Look at these radical marxists trying to turn our children into black trannies

far and away the most effective speaker that we have had in a while. It's a good time for her to step down, but her leadership will be hard to follow.

Back