• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nate Silver

Most of you people who made your predictions did so based on the aggregated poll data from people like Nate Silver. He did your dirty work for you and sorted through the noise to pull out what was meaningful data. And then you proclaim "well I got it right too." Way to stand on the shoulders of people much smarter than you are and thump your chest.

I projected Obama gets 50.5% to Romney's 48.5% and a 303-235 EV total. Does that make me a prophet as well? I only missed Florida.

I think he does a good job assessing polls, but I am not buying into him being some sort of wizard or prophet some make him out to be. He missed some races in 2010 a lot of others missed as well.

Not exactly. Seeing as how you (and I) had the benefit of 538's information.

I projected Obama gets 50.5% to Romney's 48.5% and a 303-235 EV total. Does that make me a prophet as well? I only missed Florida.

I think he does a good job assessing polls, but I am not buying into him being some sort of wizard or prophet some make him out to be. He missed some races in 2010 a lot of others missed as well.

Didn't he only miss two races in 2010? Somewhere between 2 and 4, I think.

That's pretty damn good. Polls of House races probably don't have the track record of accuracy.

So Silver takes heaps of shit for months about being an effiminate, left-wing biased blogger who was going to have egg on his face election day... and now everyone had the same thing as him? Interested in seeing the models the board prognosticators built.

Did he really take heaps of shit on this board? The only person I saw giving him shit was Go.

Well the only other time I've posted on the Tunnels was because Dirk was saying some nonsense about the biased polling. Don't know about the other posters but he took lots of shit in the conservative media. The thing that annoyed me more than anything this election cycle was the idiocy regarding Silver and polls in general. Epitomizes a certain type of idiotic thinking.

Bullshit Mountain is unraveling. Please tell me it is so...

That was surprisingly candid. And he took a parting shot at Rasmussen, too.

"Nate Silver got hacked by Anonymous. Now he knows all their names and passwords."

509a850a11737.png

Back