• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

National Signing Day Thread

I will take our guys,...... Go Deacs!

According to this analysis, Rivals does nail it on occasion. In the last five NFL drafts, 28 of the 159 first-round draftees were five-star Rivals picks. But the overall numbers are less impressive. More than half (54%) of the five-star players identified by Rivals over those three seasons weren't taken in the NFL draft at all. About 81% of the four-star players and 91% of three-star players weren't drafted.

In a four-year period between 2004 and 2007, for example, the University of Miami landed six five-star recruits. But only one of them was drafted in the NFL. Only one other even managed to make an NFL team

ESPN usually does a look back article on their top 150. They look at college production and if they were drafted.

Why are we rated last on rivals when our star rating is higher than Duke, BC, NCSU, and Maryland. And we are right there with UVA. But yet we are dead last. Our star average is a 2.84 those other four are lower.

Number of commitments?

we have 19 that is more than Duke or BC according to rivals. BC has 2 4* and Duke has 1. NCSU has 22 commits 0 above a 3.

Lots of Twitter talk this morning with people saying he is leaning UNC.

Lots of Twitter talk this morning with people saying he is leaning UNC.

Which means nobody knows for sure. He may very well go to UNC but speculation has been all over the map and he's played it very close to the vest.

we have 19 that is more than Duke or BC according to rivals. BC has 2 4* and Duke has 1. NCSU has 22 commits 0 above a 3.

1 4 star offsets us having 6 or more 3 *s in the case of Dook and having a highr ave rating for all players. Bogus numbers. Duke is always ahead of us in the ranking which is why they have won the last 10games or so vs us ...... oh wait.........

PaulStrelow247 Paul Strelow
Dropped more Quinshad Davis intel on the govols247 and CarolinaBlue boards this morn. Headed off to Gaffney shortly. #tennessee #tarheels
21 minutes ago

who is this guy? Damn it we are going to lose him I knew better than to get my hopes up.

Jela announcing in 45 minutes and only one of our other guys have sent theirs in so far?

PaulStrelow247 Paul Strelow
Dropped more Quinshad Davis intel on the govols247 and CarolinaBlue boards this morn. Headed off to Gaffney shortly. #tennessee #tarheels
21 minutes ago

who is this guy? Damn it we are going to lose him I knew better than to get my hopes up.
I still feel like we have a good chance at him. Paul Strelow used to work at the Spartanburg Herald-Journal I believe, but I'm not sure how he'd have any kind of scoop that bigger outlets wouldn't have.

I am going to be really pissed if Carolina sneaks in at the end and gets him. And I hope that the NCAA decision comes down the pipeline next week and they get put on a bowl probation for three years.

I am going to be really pissed if Carolina sneaks in at the end and gets him. And I hope that the NCAA decision comes down the pipeline next week and they get put on a bowl probation for three years.

perfect word really to describe the holes

Got 4 more in

Enrolled Tyler Cameron QB 6-3 210 Jupiter, Fla. Jupiter
7:11 am Tyler Hayworth OG 6-4 306 Kingsport, Tenn. Dobyns-Bennett
8:14 am Ryan Janvion S 5-11 180 Pembroke Pines, Fla. Dade-Christian
8:26 am Will Smith OT 6-5 285 Charlotte, N.C. Christchurch
8:42 am Jonathan Williams WR 6-4 170 Atlanta, Ga. Mays
8:46 am Tylor Harris DE 6-4 245 Baton Rouge, La. Episcopal

Got 4 more in

Enrolled Tyler Cameron QB 6-3 210 Jupiter, Fla. Jupiter
7:11 am Tyler Hayworth OG 6-4 306 Kingsport, Tenn. Dobyns-Bennett
8:14 am Ryan Janvion S 5-11 180 Pembroke Pines, Fla. Dade-Christian