• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NazT Deac, DeacMan, and iLoveTaron no longer DS mods

Those of you who acted like whiny little cunt rags about NazT being a mod and also being employed by the university got your wish.

Now go fuck yourselves and wish that you were even one tenth as useful to the Wake Forest community as NazT has and will be going forward.

How do you know that NazT didn't step down on his own because 1) Being a mod is a huge time commitment, for basically no reward and 2) Now he doesn't have to worry about being tied to the DS site when he shares his opinions?

I never really did get the NazT hate though. He's a really good guy, super WFU fan, and was never negative/hateful towards anybody. Even if he did feel a certain way about what talk should and shouldn't be allowed on a message board, he made sure to express that opinion in a thoughtful way.

I think the divide among the Wake fanbase is overstated. I would guess most folks on here really look at/post on both boards now, but this one has more traffic. The longer this board exists and exists with its current activity, the result is just two boards to check - the animosity/hand wringing that is occurring now (and with decreasing regularity) with all but disappear. In the end, I think it will push DS to be a better site, and I think think this is a step in the right direction. Any split/faction is more evident in the rulz/jason board (which is "this is a place for people like us") than this board/DS

This.

How many active posters are left on DS? 50? There isn't much of a division any more. Everyone is here.

Those of you who acted like whiny little cunt rags about NazT being a mod and also being employed by the university got your wish.

Now go fuck yourselves and wish that you were even one tenth as useful to the Wake Forest community as NazT has and will be going forward.

what are you talking about?

now they're just shuffling chairs on the deck of the Titanic.

Meaningless move.

I guess I'll just have to dance a little harder (and eat a lot more pizza).

I never really did get the NazT hate though. He's a really good guy, super WFU fan, and was never negative/hateful towards anybody. Even if he did feel a certain way about what talk should and shouldn't be allowed on a message board, he made sure to express that opinion in a thoughtful way.

agreed. I think the NazT and cagles hate on this board (especially among some mods) is really, really immature and one of the worst parts of the new board.

There are about 10 people on both boards that act like children and put far too much importance into what they type on a computer screen. I think it safe to say the vast majority of our fan base could not care less about the message board schism.

I've never hated on Naz aside from saying his dancing shtick has run its course. An opinion shared by many.

Have nothing against him on a personal level.

Awwww, some of you care enough to negrep the shit out of me over this.

:jerkit:

This negrepping an opinion you disagree with instead of addressing it in the thread is really chickenshit.

This negrepping an opinion you disagree with instead of addressing it in the thread is really chickenshit.

Yeah, probably teh only time I don't really like the whole neg-repping system. Lettuce discuss our disagreements in teh open.

I'm cool with people getting negrep for being abrasive or antagonistic/trolling though..

As for the mods over there, I don't get the hate for Cagles at all. I get but disagree with the hate for Deman. Yeah, he's become a bit of a drama queen, but his world has turned a bit upside down with the firing of Dino and hiring of Bz. Not sure if it's Bz or Wellman shutting off his information spigot, but I easily get how that has hurt both him and us. And I have nothing against Naz, but I think some of the hate comes from him bearing the brunt of working for the school and being a mod on a board that shut down over the top posters who were critical of the new regime and did little about over the top posters who were supportive of the new regime.

I still think this reputation stuff is just a popularity contest. Wouldn't put a lot of stock in it.

Posreg to dbeck for being the only person (out of 10 or so) that negrepped me and signed it.

Maybe Naz is taking a new job with Jenny Craig.

Maybe it's just me, but the Naz weight jokes over here are getting old and are pretty tasteless self-esteem boosters. From everything I've seen he's a great guy so it just seems like grasping for straws if that's how you're going to criticize him. (Not singling you out DinDC, a few other posters do this too.) :noidea:

Good to see some changes over at DS but it seems a little too late. Interesting that Deman is staying on as a mod given the issues recently... also interesting that they specifically mentioned actively moderating. Guess they did listen to some poster criticism.

An employee of the AD should not have been a moderator. It's pretty clear why.

I've never hated on Naz aside from saying his dancing shtick has run its course. An opinion shared by many.

Have nothing against him on a personal level.

Naz has been a good friend over the years and I've always appreciated his total devotion to Wake and his loyalty to friends. I think a lot of the vitriol leveled towards Naz is mainly based on people's board personas interacting with his board persona and duties as a mod. I haven't always agreed with him but at the end of the day, he's a good friend. I think a lot of people who rip Naz would agree if they actually knew him away from the boards. Which is the case for most of us.

Maybe so, but it doesn't give you the opportunity to direcly confront the criticism you're receiving.

That is why I wouldn't sweat it. If other people can knock down your rep without being able to do anything about it (which is the case) I wouldn't give 2 shits about it.

Back