• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Off-season thread: Duncan and Garnett retire

They'll be under luxury tax next year, so they'll get out of the repeat offenders cycle. They were a tax team this year.

They'll have no problem paying into the tax, if necessary. They are going to be printing titles.

They could, but with no rebounding or interior defense, it might be more difficult than you think. They will be favored but aren't a shoo-in.

Have to wonder if this will push Timmy to retire.

Also have to wonder if the other 29 teams can effectively refuse to take Bogut off their hands. Would be the best storyline in league history.

Is donuts out?

Not yet. Rockets have extended him a qualifying offer, so everybody's just waiting around right now. I kind of doubt Donuts gets a decent RFA offer from anyone after the Pistons/SVG torpedoed his value last year when they backed out of their trade for him.

Have to wonder if this will push Timmy to retire.

Also have to wonder if the other 29 teams can effectively refuse to take Bogut off their hands. Would be the best storyline in league history.

It would, but probably every team that's not expected to compete this year would love to take Bogut for something in return.

I'm a big spurs fan now. Big Cavs fan. Big any team fan that might have a chance against this bay area monster.

CNN Front Page:

1. Durant makes his choice
2. Dhaka "God wants you to die"
3. Death toll soars in Iraq

Sounds like the Mavs are full steam ahead with Barnes and in talks to trade for Bogut.

Also my girl is a HUGE Thunder fan. She gonna need some consoling

Point Tejas

Who cares about the spurs rookies

Spurs fans. They're a fifth of the roster now. Any hope for the future depends on them being good.

Back