• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

No bringing logic and facts into this outrage.

SA on Parker

In the wake of the Utah sweep, long before anyone suspected the Spurs might someday lose a game, Manu Ginobili said this of Tony Parker:

“He really owns the team now.”

Everyone nodded. “Tim Duncan has been the captain of our team,” Stephen Jackson added, “but Tony has been leading us.”

Funny that Tony being the leader was new this year.

Sefolosha and Fisher contributed more points than Diaw, Leonard, Green, Neal, Splitter, and Blair did combined. The refs didn't do The Spurs any favors, but this game was not decided by officiating.

SA on Parker

In the wake of the Utah sweep, long before anyone suspected the Spurs might someday lose a game, Manu Ginobili said this of Tony Parker:

“He really owns the team now.”

Everyone nodded. “Tim Duncan has been the captain of our team,” Stephen Jackson added, “but Tony has been leading us.”

Funny that Tony being the leader was new this year.

You've reached "arguing with a wall" status. That's cool. I'm fine disagreeing with you.

Why would you list the scoring for your point?

He outscored TD by 6 ppg...

He had a lot of help. Besides the point is that he was not the team leader or #1 option in 2007. He had a lot of room to operate thanks to Tim and Manu. Pretty sure it was Tim's team back then.

Go ahead and defend Parker, he's the one that said the 'Spurs championship run was over' after getting knocked out by Memphis last year. I guess he made sure of that. That's the guy you want to lead you into battle.

He had a lot of help. Besides the point is that he was not the team leader or #1 option in 2007. He had a lot of room to operate thanks to Tim and Manu. Pretty sure it was Tim's team back then.

Go ahead and defend Parker, he's the one that said the 'Spurs championship run was over' after getting knocked out by Memphis last year. I guess he made sure of that. That's the guy you want to lead you into battle.

Right. Clearly he doesn't want to win.

Duncan post game 'they seemed to get every whistle possible and got a lot of points at the FT line'.

Tim seems to thing the Spurs got the short end of the stick. Similar to Tim's Olympic experience.

Right. Clearly he doesn't want to win.

Point? How many NBA players don't 'want to win'. Wanting to and delivering are two different things.

Still think the Spurs should have dealt Parker and kept Hill.

Duncan post game 'they seemed to get every whistle possible and got a lot of points at the FT line'.

Tim seems to thing the Spurs got the short end of the stick. Similar to Tim's Olympic experience.

Interesting. Video?

Come on, Russell...really?

9tml31

the thunder were the better team. it is crazy how fast the spurs got knocked off their momentum. i believe the thunder just locked up the championship tonight.

Irish has to wait for his boner to subside before quoting himself again.

Hah. Well played. But considering the amount of shit I got when I posted about OKC winning in 6, I think I earned a little gloating. Though it led to Stonz neg-repping me. NO MOD SOLIDARITY! IS NOTHING HOLY ANYMORE!

And Doofus ... oh Doofus. People wouldn't be so condescending toward you if you were right every now and again about something. Deal with it or be right. ABOUT SOMETHING. ANYTHING. You don't like how I post? My give-a-fuck-meter doesn't give-a-fuck. You're pro-Lebron, pro-[Redacted], and desperate for a job with the AD.

Stupid, blind and broke is no way to go through life, son.

I'm pro-LeBron because he's the best player in the world. I'm not pro-[Redacted], and I'm not desperate for a job with the AD because I would've taken a job when it came across if I was.

Cocky, brash and being an asshole is certainly no way to go through life, Uncle Sam.

Since you directed it to Uncle Sam - you actually just described the last 200 years of American history rather succinctly, Doofus. Cocky, brash and being an asshole is pretty much the American way. Just Wikipedia the Banana Wars.

In other news ...

YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!!!!!

This is a watershed moment. What do you want to whine about to celebrate? Hero Ball? Perceived talking down to? Judgment calls based on years and years of evidence? The world is your oyster and the choice is yours!

I'm done with this conversation. No sense in arguing over pointless things. Have a great night Irish!

If nothing else, I hope someone Wikipedia'ed the Banana Wars because of the Thunder's crushing victory tonight.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

If nothing else, I hope someone Wikipedia'ed the Banana Wars because of the Thunder's crushing victory tonight.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Ted Roosevelt was such a bawse, much tuffer than his pussy cousin Franklin.

Back