• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA Roster Tidbits

Pilchard

Reaction score
Always like looking at NBA rosters and finding interesting tidbits. Here are a few:

Oldest: Steve Nash will be 40 in February.
Youngest: Giannis Anteokounmpo with be 19 in December.

15 Dukies are on NBA rosters. This includes Lance Thomas (Pelicans) and Miles Plumlee (Suns). Barf.

There are 23 former Kentucky players in the NBA (most of any college).

I know that the conventional wisdom is that the ACC considerably improved with the addition of Cuse, Pitt and ND in basketball, but those three teams don't have a super-strong NBA presence as there are 6 former Cuse players in the NBA, 3 Pitt players and zero (yes, none) players from Notre Dame on current NBA rosters.

WF has 5 NBA players on current NBA rosters: Jeff Teague (ATL), Tim Duncan (Spurs), Alf Aminu (Pelicans), Chris Paul (Clips) and Ish Smith (Suns). James Johnson and Josh Howard are not currently on a roster. WF has more players on NBA rosters than UVA (Mike Scott, Roger Mason Jr), VCU (Larry Sanders, Eric Maynor) and VT (0) combined.

There are two NC State players on NBA rosters: JJ Hickson (Denver) and Richard Howell (Portland).

FSU has 3: Chris Singleton (Wizards), Bernard James (Dallas) and Toney Douglas (Golden State).

Florida has put an incredible number of white players in the NBA: David Lee (GS), Matt Bonner (Spurs), Mike Miller (Memphis), Nick Calathes (yes, he is in the NBA - Memphis), Chandler Parsons (Houston), Erik Murphy (Bulls) and -- 50/50 Joakim Noah (Bulls). Would guess that at least of 1/4 of the white players in the NBA went to Florida. Odd.

Last edited:
The worst player in the NBA this year is JR Smith's brother and it's probably not even close. Maybe that 7'3" center for Utah is second worst

True, but anybody who doesn't check the NBA thread every 5 minutes would have missed it.

The worst player in the NBA this year is JR Smith's brother and it's probably not even close. Maybe that 7'3" center for Utah is second worst

Just looked him up. He averaged less than 10 ppg his last year in college, and spent last year out of basketball. Hard to believe he made an NBA roster.

I was going to say Josh Howard was signed by the Spurs, but they apparently waived him the next day.

I was going to say Josh Howard was signed by the Spurs, but they apparently waived him the next day.

sending him to their d league affiliate to see if he is healthy and can get in game shape. still a shot for later this season.

I like the name "Alf" for Aminu.

Seriously, why was this never used when he was at Wake? We could have had bigass posters of this in the stands:

alf-400x595.jpg

Just noticed Ty Walker is on the DLeague Maine Red Claws. He played 25 minutes last night and scored 4 points, had 7 rebounds, and 8 blocks.

SPTSpringfieldMaineP112313.jpg

Back