• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC Eugenics Program

I will certainly need off-setting posrep from the fury of negrep this will ignite...

This is so f'n backwards. I mean, the original decision by the state to conduct the practice without knowledge or consent in the first place is terrible, of course... but the same could be said about slavery. The only difference is one took a little bit more time to catch on as common decency of human-rights.

30 years from now, is my generation going to be paying reparations to gays that we legally barred from being married? Don't get me wrong, I hope we all have to apologize to gays as soon as possible & at some point in my lifetime we, as a society, can get to the point where we respect the notion of individuals being born with equal rights. Its just not that hard of a concept.

This BS of government frivolously wasting hoards of time and money trying to undo the wrongs of their father's while ignoring the travesties of their own has got to stop.

At the end of the day... NC is removing a persons right to have a child because they were not deemed fit to raise that child. Look at the last ~25 posts of this thread. I'm sure there are exceptions but frankly a state's judgement of whether or not someone is fit to be a parent or not is going to come down to money. Whether that person has it. Whether that person can make it. Whether that person is going to spend every last cent on drugs & as a result be unfit to be a parent.

Symbolically apologize for the practice & move on with a better set of established morals; don't piss in the face of common logic & try to buy forgiveness with dollars & cents... Ultimately; I think the idea of NC trying to pay these people back w/ money is counter-productive in many ways.

Now that I've likely unintentionally insulted the blacks, the gays, and the poor with one post; I think I'll make my way to the sports board & speak with the Buzz-In crowd. Carry on.

ETA:

yW7U8.png

What have I done? Months of effort for the Buzz-Out cause, wasted. I want to be very, very clear on this... Buzz-Out. My last sentence was merely to indicate that I planned on going to the sports board to continue intentionally insulting the Buzz-In crowd in an effort to avoid unintentionally insulting minorities, gays, etc with my commentary on the Pit. OK, sorry... Couldn't let that one slide without a clarification... Way too much emotion there; carry on.

Last edited:
Eugenics was a great idea. Someone needs to bring that shit back and weed out all the pollutants in the gene pool.

I will certainly need off-setting posrep from the fury of negrep this will ignite...

This is so f'n backwards. I mean, the original decision by the state to conduct the practice without knowledge or consent in the first place is terrible, of course... but the same could be said about slavery. The only difference is one took a little bit more time to catch on as common decency of human-rights.

30 years from now, is my generation going to be paying reparations to gays that we legally barred from being married? Don't get me wrong, I hope we all have to apologize to gays as soon as possible & at some point in my lifetime we, as a society, can get to the point where we respect the notion of individuals being born with equal rights. Its just not that hard of a concept.

This BS of government frivolously wasting hoards of time and money trying to undo the wrongs of their father's while ignoring the travesties of their own has got to stop.

At the end of the day... NC is removing a persons right to have a child because they were not deemed fit to raise that child. Look at the last ~25 posts of this thread. I'm sure there are exceptions but frankly a state's judgement of whether or not someone is fit to be a parent or not is going to come down to money. Whether that person has it. Whether that person can make it. Whether that person is going to spend every last cent on drugs & as a result be unfit to be a parent.

Symbolically apologize for the practice & move on with a better set of established morals; don't piss in the face of common logic & try to buy forgiveness with dollars & cents... Ultimately; I think the idea of NC trying to pay these people back w/ money is counter-productive in many ways.

Now that I've likely unintentionally insulted the blacks, the gays, and the poor with one post; I think I'll make my way to the sports board & speak with the Buzz-In crowd. Carry on.

ETA:

yW7U8.png

What have I done? Months of effort for the Buzz-Out cause, wasted. I want to be very, very clear on this... Buzz-Out. My last sentence was merely to indicate that I planned on going to the sports board to continue intentionally insulting the Buzz-In crowd in an effort to avoid unintentionally insulting minorities, gays, etc with my commentary on the Pit. OK, sorry... Couldn't let that one slide without a clarification... Way too much emotion there; carry on.

This is completely different from reparations discussions because the people who were steralized are still living.

So what do you think would be fair? And where is the money coming from?

I wasn't speaking to the capacity of the government to provide any funding for it. Just from a damages point of view, if I were on jury on some sort of lawsuit on forced sterilization the figure would be north of the cost of adoption or hiring a surrogate.

Back