• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC High School Football Playoffs

Is there any bigger clusterfuck going than the NC HS playoffs? This thing is a mess and has been the enitre 20 years I've lived here. Is my school in the East or the West? Don't know until we make the bracket. Are we 4A or 4AA? Don't know until we make the bracket.

Do you really need 8 divisions for less than 400 member schools? Should 256 of 379 schools make the playoffs?

2-9 teams in?

4-6 Gates versus 3-7 Dixon in the first round. That's exciting stuff.

Can anybody explain this to me

Football playoffs are a joke. Don't get the AA shit at all. Don't get the losing records, either, but FWIW, soccer isn't much better.

For a school like Scotland lots of money; they'll probably bring in $30,000+ for each game they host. I'm assuming they split the gate (at some % between NCSAA and the visitors) but keep the concessions and that's bank for this community.

Was told today that Scotland made in the ballpark of $50,000 on the Scotland/Richmond game. Attendance was around 10,000.

A state playoff game money breakdown:
* visiting team gets reimbursed their travel expenses
* home team pulls out officals cost & facility costs.
* after those expenses are paid the State gets 50% and the home team keeps the rest.

Go Scots

Was told today that Scotland made in the ballpark of $50,000 on the Scotland/Richmond game. Attendance was around 10,000.

A state playoff game money breakdown:
* visiting team gets reimbursed their travel expenses
* home team pulls out officals cost & facility costs.
* after those expenses are paid the State gets 50% and the home team keeps the rest.

Go Scots

I was at the game, and attendance seemed like more than 10,000. There were almost as many people there as Wally Wade.

Anyone know anything about South Johnston? I understand that they score a ton of points.

I was at the game, and attendance seemed like more than 10,000. There were almost as many people there as Wally Wade.

Was at the game also. Brother is on the coaching staff (Sellers).
Special team this year...alot of credit to coach Chip Williams.
As far as recruits... no one can figure it out. The QB Quick and SS Robinson are playing in the Shrine Bowl. The only big school to show interest is Clempson to Quick and they have talked to him about playing Safety, App St is looking at him for QB. :noidea:

Page got hosed by the regional pod grouping.

Undefeated and #2 in the state and they may have to play 4 other undefeated teams to win the whole thing

Undefeated and #2 in the state and they may have to play 4 other undefeated teams to win the whole thing[/QUOTE]

that's crazy.

State Rankings are.....ehhhhh. Every poll is different. The AP has Scotland #2 behind Mallard Creek.
The 4AA/4A pod system is crap! Your correct the 4AA Midwest is a BEAST.
Lots of folks here in Scotland Co. wanted to go 4AA instead of 4A.

Undefeated and #2 in the state and they may have to play 4 other undefeated teams to win the whole thing

Not true. At worst, Page would have to play 10-0 Mallard Creek in the semi-final and 10-0 Garner in the finals. There are only 4 undefeated teams in the 4AA playoff bracket and the way the brackets are setup, no undefeated team can play more than 2 of the other undefeated teams.

http://ncpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1285743

Back