• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State vs. Wake

Deac83

Reaction score
Time to put up or shut up. The team has shows signs it can compete in the ACC and entertains dreams of the postseason. Like dook State is working with a 7 man rotation but with less overall talent.

In other news, the ACC Office announced that Devin Thomas was assessed a Technical Foul this morning, since the lead referee for tonight's game heard that Devin was thinking about the refs that will be calling the game tonight. The FT's will be taken before the start of the game, NC State has the chance to start the game with a 2-0 lead.

In many aspects, this is a must win game. As Clemson showed, you have to be able to win home games against anyone in the league. Especially ones that don't appear to be better than you.

Tonight is the biggest game of the year for the Deacs. We have shown we have made some progress and when we play well we can beat quality teams. But can we stick to the game plan and not just jack up a bunch of threes? Can we play some defense and rebound the ball? This is a must win game--playing at home against a mid level ACC team. Need a win badly!

A loss here and we can kiss any hope of making the NCAAT goodbye.

Give Barber his 20 points on 20+ shots and stop the other guys.

This.

We may win, hell we may even be up by 30 at one point. But by the games end, it'll be a 1pt game and NCST will have possession. Such is the life of a Deacon.

This. Not like we've done that with State recently.

A loss here and we can kiss any hope of making the NCAAT goodbye.

Same for ours probably. Looks like this is the year Gott's NCAAT streak ends (he's proved me wrong before though).

But I do think the NIT would be good for our senior-less team as it appears Cat will be the only guy we lose next year and we have DSJr. on the bench already to rehab and learn (assuming we can get there). Of course, I am sure we will have our obligatory random transfer so we never know what to expect.

Good luck to you guys tonight as I hope both teams stay healthy.

Same for ours probably. Looks like this is the year Gott's NCAAT streak ends (he's proved me wrong before though).

But I do think the NIT would be good for our senior-less team as it appears Cat will be the only guy we lose next year and we have DSJr. on the bench already to rehab and learn (assuming we can get there). Of course, I am sure we will have our obligatory random transfer so we never know what to expect.

You guys would look a lot better than you have if Terry Henderson wasn't hurt. Could use another big. I imagine Gott will go post-grad hunting this offseason.

Last edited:

Lol you guys think you're a bubble team? Who's your best win? LSU?

Lol you guys think you're a bubble team? Who's your best win? LSU?

Nah not at all, in fact a lot of us think we are a fringe NIT team right now especially without Henderson. But like I said, Gott has proved me wrong before, such as last year when we were 11-7 at one point in the season and then turned things around to become a team that was almost Elite 8 bound had Cat not gotten food poisoning. Of course, Trevor Lacey is not walking through that door.

Outside of LSU, Northeastern is a decent win as they beat Miami earlier this year. Tonight would be a decent one, but I doubt we get it.

Last edited:
You guys would look a lot better than you have if Terry Henderson wasn't hurt. Could use another big. I imagine Gott will go post-grad hunting this offseason.

Yep losing Henderson in the first 7 minutes of the William & Mary game crushed us as he had a great off season per a lot of insiders and was by far our second best scorer and our best perimeter defender. Of course we all love playing the "what-if" game with Trevor Lacey, considering before the NCAA Tournament all intentions were for him to return for his senior season. Rowan has stepped up as a freshman, but he is very streaky.

I think the plan right now is to go post-grad hunting for a big unless we can still someone away late on the recruiting trail. Losing Bam to UK really stung, but if I had to choose between him and DSJr I'd definitely go with DSJr.

Last edited:
Nah not at all, in fact a lot of us think we are a fringe NIT team right now especially without Henderson. But like I said, Gott has proved me wrong before, such as last year when we were 11-7 at one point in the season and then turned things around to become a team that was almost Elite 8 bound had Cat not gotten food poisoning. Of course, Trevor Lacey is not walking through that door.

Outside of LSU, Northeastern is a decent win as they beat Miami earlier this year. Tonight would be a decent one, but I doubt we get it.

Yea. I had you guys in the elite 8 last year. You guys about did it

Back