• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Basketball Thread (Ohio State v. Marquette at 1)

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Maryland is down 30-29 to Abilene Christian at the half and trailed as much as 28-17 before going on a run to end the half. Abilene Christian is new to D-1 basketball, enters the game 0-2, and is the 14th worst team in the country.

Abilene Christian is waaaaaaayyy the hell out there in Texas. That's impressive.

I doubt anyone else cares, but Northeastern's only down five to Stony Brook who's the preseason America East champion (and top 75 in KenPom).

Stony Brook was also ahead of us in the Director's Cup.

Didn't miami and v tech lose their opening games to scrub teams? Also indiana won by one point to some team with blackbirds as their mascot

Abilene Christian didn't score on their last 24 possessions and lost 69-44.

Virginia Tech lost to USC-Upstate and then beat West Virginia. Miami went into overtime and lost to St. Francis (NY), then went into overtime against Georgia Southern and won.

Indiana won 73-72 over LIU-Brooklyn and gets Stony Brook this weekend.

Louisville dismantling Cornell 76-37 w/ 10 mins left

UNC wins by 8...but pretty sure 2 starters DNP.

2 starters didn't play but UNC is looking more and more like pJ is done for the season and not playing at all. Not sure about McDonald but he may be wrapped up in it too. Could be a challenging year for them.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but Northwestern St. scored 72 points at Auburn... in the 2nd half.

2 starters didn't play but UNC is looking more and more like pJ is done for the season and not playing at all. Not sure about McDonald but he may be wrapped up in it too. Could be a challenging year for them.

I have no data to back this up, but when UNC (or Duke for that matter) are ranked preseason 11 or lower, it's code for "they're really not going to be very good but we have to rank them so here they are."

With just over 15 minutes left Auburn was up 66-51 and then got outscored 60-26 the rest of the game. Auburn is pretty damn bad though and Northwestern State plays the second fastest tempo in the country. Still not sure how you give up 60 points in 15 minutes though that's just horrible.

I very nearly picked us to win vs UNC..now maybe wishing I had..would have potentially looked like a genius (worst case optimistic fool).

I have no data to back this up, but when UNC (or Duke for that matter) are ranked preseason 11 or lower, it's code for "they're really not going to be very good but we have to rank them so here they are."

That's well put.

Ohio State took Marquette apart in the second half today in Milwaukee. That's a quality road win.

Back