• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Conference Tournaments NWT

The ACC Tournament has been awesome today, minus our shitshow of a game.

Thanks for the info about the conferences. Another question though. How is FSU (19-12, 9-9) a bubble team while Clemson at (20-11, 10-8) is never mentioned as a bubble team?

Basically the numbers. FSU's RPI is 52, Clemson's is 70. FSU's non-conference strength-of-sched was 98, Clemson's was 268.

FSU also has 3 top 50 wins -- all away from home (neutral wins vs. VCU and UMass, and @ Pitt), whereas Clemson has just one, Duke @ Littlejohn.

ACC is probably fourth but I think we're better than the Pac-10 but slightly behind the Big East. ACC, Pac-10, and Big East are all 3-5 though, well behind the Big 10 and Big 12.

FSU played a pretty hard non-conference schedule while Clemson played the 12th easiest non-conference schedule in the nation. Overall FSU played the 4th hardest schedule in the country while Clemson played the 82nd, that's likely the reason that FSU is slowly creeping towards the bubble while Clemson appears not to be. I think they should both be bubble teams though, unfortunately nobody asked me.

FSU is 39 in KenPom and is likely to be one of the best teams to be left out of the tournament along with Utah.

thanks for the replies. Damn didn't realize Clemson had such a weak OOC schedule. That is pretty pathetic. Wouldn't mind seeing them beat Duke tonight though.

Yeah it is pathetic and it's Clemson's MO. They've only played a top 200 hardest schedule in the OOC season twice since 2003.

Wake has been trending that way lately as well. [Redacted] has scheduled a ton of cupcake OOC schedules.

Michigan holds off Illinois after a wide open look for the Illini at the buzzer missed.

Top-seeded St Louis upset by St. Bonaventure on a deep 3 at the horn. Great couple of games.

Michigan holds off Illinois after a wide open look for the Illini at the buzzer missed.

Top-seeded St Louis upset by St. Bonaventure on a deep 3 at the horn. Great couple of games.

Saint on Saint violence.

I am here at the a10 tourney, what a game. St. Louis is playing bad basketball and crews is making no adjustments. The Bonnie's trapped all 2nd half after stl brought it up and they never adjusted. They are playing horrible ball lately and will likely be bounced early next week.

St Louis goes down. Mooney, Archie, Lonergan, Kellogg all have a shot to take down Shaka.

Groce and Illinois really shit the bed on the next to last possession of the game, when they were up 1. Ran the clock down way too far and had to settle for a 30-foot heave as the shot clock expired. I get that you want to run the clock down, but you've got to get something better than that. It was Wake Forest-esque.

All the one seeds struggling a bit so far except for Arizona and UVA.

Kansas needed OT to beat a pretty good Oklahoma State team, Michigan needed a late bucket to hold off Illinois, St. Louis got bounced, Villanova got bounced. Good year for the eight/nine seeds in the quarters.

So what's the consensus, should I be yelling to Archie that wake wants him or no?

UNC looking absolutely terrible so far against Pitt.

Pitt is scary...they're so physical I don't think any team should feel comfortable playing them at this point.

Back