• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA discontinues relationship with EA Sports

Does anybody still play NCAA?

I used to prefer those games to Madden; but as the consoles got better, the graphics got better, and the players' likeness improved, i found it hard to keep playing NCAA... They started to feel like a generic version of college football when compared to Madden, where all of the players look like their counterparts.

Yes tons of people still play NCAA it is their biggest seller. I prefer college sports over professional so I much more enjoy the NCAA series. I really wish they would bring back college bball with online dynasties. Online dynasties revitalized the series.

Yes tons of people still play NCAA it is their biggest seller. I prefer college sports over professional so I much more enjoy the NCAA series. I really wish they would bring back college bball with online dynasties. Online dynasties revitalized the series.

NCAA is a good seller beating out all but two of EA sports games but it does not have the numbers of Fifa or Madden.

Total Game sales all regions all platforms.

Fifa 13 11 million
Madden 13 5.2 million
NCAA 13 1.6 Million

EA's last hope is the article says the schools are still free to be in the game, they just can't use "Southeastern Conference" or any SEC logos. Obviously it would suck to have all the SEC teams in a generic conference like the old NES days (Southern States Conference!), but it would be better than nothing. If all the schools come out and say they're not going to be in the game either, then college football video games are done. Nobody is going to pay $60 for a college football game that has Winston-Salem vs. Chapel Hill and shit like that.

This my temporarily hurt the EA, but it will eventually be fine. TAMU has already agreed to participate. This will just piss off fans of the teams and the game. It will prevent those who could not make it in the pro's from trying to free-load and eventually everyone will want it back and it will be.

Ironically, a big perk for the players is to play as themselves in the game. This could hurt recruiting. Could.

Back