• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA sanctions Appalachian State basketball program

SkinsNDeacs

Reaction score
I mean I hate UNC as much as anybody but the APR is a pretty objective measure, it's not like they changed it to screw App State. Meanwhile UNC is pretty close to being punished in football for a poor APR score if I read them right.

This doesn't matter anyway because App State getting banned from the postseason is like me getting banned from dating Kate Upton: it doesn't matter if there's an official ban or not.

I mean I hate UNC as much as anybody but the APR is a pretty objective measure, it's not like they changed it to screw App State. Meanwhile UNC is pretty close to being punished in football for a poor APR score if I read them right.

This doesn't matter anyway because App State getting banned from the postseason is like me getting banned from dating Kate Upton: it doesn't matter if there's an official ban or not.

Sure...APR is objective but isn't bogus no-show classes designed to keep athletes eligible as well? Poor APR is bad but it is not even in the same ballpark on the bad scale as what was going on in Chapel Hill.

Sure...APR is objective but isn't bogus no-show classes designed to keep athletes eligible as well? Poor APR is bad but it is not even in the same ballpark on the bad scale as what was going on in Chapel Hill.

Agreed, but as bad as the UNC mess has been I think most of us figured in the end the Holes would skate free on this one. If i ever had any doubt, when ex-gov. Jim Martin issued his "exhaustive" report and said with a straight face that it was an academic and not an athletic problem and no one in Chapel Hill or Indianapolis laughed in his face, that it it for me.

It's not like we were going to get to the postseason anyway...we are so bad at basketball

Back