• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Agreed that he will be a defensive liability in the nba

Nba shifted and guys like hibbert, jalil Okafor, Drummond, etc no longer playable

Nba shifted and guys like hibbert, jalil Okafor, Drummond, etc no longer playable
counter point: at one point those guys were considered a must and the NBA, at some point, will return to the low-block center being the focus of an offense. Will that be when Edey is playing? No idea, but just like the NFL, it is a copycat league, I presume, and if one team can make it work with him then others will follow with similar players.

Drummond averages 8.4 pts, 9.1 reb in 17.3 min a game. He has 18 double-doubles.

Edey is worth the bet he can adapt his game.

Would Stephon Castle but the first relative of a former Deac to win a national championship?

Drummond averages 8.4 pts, 9.1 reb in 17.3 min a game. He has 18 double-doubles.
but Drummond is maybe the best rebounder of his generation — he’s not on the floor at all if not for that

and he can move way better than I think Edey ever could

Clingan moves nice — he needs to figure out a shot but his ceiling much higher

counter point: at one point those guys were considered a must and the NBA, at some point, will return to the low-block center being the focus of an offense.

Doubtful. The analytics won, and the game is heavily based on 3 point attempts now and unless they change the 3 point rules such that teams shoot sub 33%, the value isn't there for a post based offense.

Doubtful. The analytics won, and the game is heavily based on 3 point attempts now and unless they change the 3 point rules such that teams shoot sub 33%, the value isn't there for a post based offense.
it will change again

can you imagine the idea of a 7 footer shooting 3s in the late 80s or early 90s? Hell, even the early 2000s. They'd think you were nuts.

The game will always change and by cyclical. Just like I think the NFL will return to being a run dominated offensive sport at some point in the future. And the 4-4-2 will again become all the rage in footy.

Everyone is just a copycat of the genius that shifts the paradigm in these sports.

Agreed that Clingan looks like a better fit for the nba than edey

Edey having trouble tonight against a guy that might be a first round pick, how do you think he'll do against Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, etc.

it will change again

can you imagine the idea of a 7 footer shooting 3s in the late 80s or early 90s? Hell, even the early 2000s. They'd think you were nuts.

The game will always change and by cyclical. Just like I think the NFL will return to being a run dominated offensive sport at some point in the future. And the 4-4-2 will again become all the rage in footy.

Everyone is just a copycat of the genius that shifts the paradigm in these sports.

The only way I see it happening is if a rules change devalues 3 pointers.

it will change again

part of the difference for basketball is just the math: 3 point shots are worth 50% more than two-point shots and players are getting better and better at shooting them

a rules change is really the only way it swings back any time soon

Back