• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

NCState's starting lineup is four graduate students and a Senior. Experience matters.
Like the experience of a national championship coach telling his team to foul down three in an ACCT quarterfinal game? Would have stopped all this foolishness.

Like the experience of a national championship coach telling his team to foul down three in an ACCT quarterfinal game? Would have stopped all this foolishness.
For sure. With State inbounding the ball, all UVA needed to do was play super tight D. If a foul resulted, repeat. That should have used up the five seconds. If not, 1 and free throws. Box out hard.

Tony! didn't even attempt to get the rebound on the free throw with 5 seconds to play. The ball bounced, allowing State to collect with no time runoff. Coaching malpractice.

When State beats Oakland tomorrow, that will be their 7th postseason win this season. WF has won 7 postseason games one time - 1962. The 7th win was the consolation game over UCLA.

Tony! didn't even attempt to get the rebound on the free throw with 5 seconds to play. The ball bounced, allowing State to collect with no time runoff. Coaching malpractice.

When State beats Oakland tomorrow, that will be their 7th postseason win this season. WF has won 7 postseason games one time - 1962. The 7th win was the consolation game over UCLA.
I don’t want to know the number of years it would take to cobble together the 7 most recent Wake postseason wins.

Oakland kinda wrecked my bracket last night, but so what. That was beautiful. Then Cal was complaining after the game about having to play against 24 year olds. Nothing better in March than Kentucky losing to another double digit seed. We've been complaining about UVA losing 1st round and play-in games. At least that's with mediocre teams the last few years. Kentucky routinely does it as a top 20 team.

And nothing worse than watching Samford lose to KU on a terrible call.

Rooting for JMU against Wiscy, but then they'd have to beat Duke. Tall task. And rooting for Longwood, but am not holding my breath.

Nothing sums up college basketball in 2024 better than Kevin Keatts going on a fucking heater as a double digit seed in a gift bracket when his fanbase wanted to run his ass out of town less than two weeks ago and people questioning whether Tony Bennett or John Calipari know anything about coaching basketball.

I would like to see each coach be given one challenge a game. To use on anything. Clean block, charge, someone grabbing Sallis’ wrist, etc. No extra challenges earned like in the nfl. One per game. Use it wisely.

The Stanford job is open; perhaps they should name the current coach of Samford as their new coach to just confuse everyone.

Back