• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Daughter is a Samford graduate and soccer player. Beat Wake, Auburn, Alabama, lost to Duke in OT. Strong AD and athletic department, good academics. Anyway, when she was in school there, they had a t-shirt that simply said “Sam. Not Stan.” I still have it…

Nothing sums up college basketball in 2024 better than Kevin Keatts going on a fucking heater as a double digit seed in a gift bracket when his fanbase wanted to run his ass out of town less than two weeks ago and people questioning whether Tony Bennett or John Calipari know anything about coaching basketball.
again-there-you-go-again.gif

... ripping posters and making up strawmen.

I don't think any one is saying that Bennett & Calipari don't "know anything about coaching basketball." I do think their performances as coaches in the last week are being rightly analyzed and critiqued. Each is in his own way a brilliant basketball mind; each screwed up laughably badly.

what is it about the stupid Big 10 that produces unwatchable football AND basketball?

Nothing sums up college basketball in 2024 better than Kevin Keatts going on a fucking heater as a double digit seed in a gift bracket when his fanbase wanted to run his ass out of town less than two weeks ago and people questioning whether Tony Bennett or John Calipari know anything about coaching basketball.

Add in that State is doing it all with transfers.

[
what is it about the stupid Big 10 that produces unwatchable football AND basketball?
QUOTE="Pilchard, post: 4387947, member: 1001"]
Lack of talent.
[/QUOTE]

Would you want to spend nine months of winter in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan etc?

Lack of talent.
The Midwest is muscle ball and has been for decades. I remember playing pickup at Wake thinking how much more fun the style of play was vs. the grind I experienced in high school.

Good finish pending in the first game of the day NW/FAU. FAU on an 11-2 run to knot it up with 2 minutes left

Back