• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

In this day and age the media will let you talk. They would love a charismatic commissioner coming on live arguing on behalf of his conference. It is an entertainment industry. Instead, we have Jim Phillips and the other losers that work for the ACC.
Phillips consistently proves he is the absolute worst. I can’t imagine any single fanbase making an argument he’s something more than fucking* abysmal at the moment. I think I could do a better job with zero experience working from my home in New England.

This conference cuckhold stuff is bizarre. The whole "it's good for Wake if the ACC wins" is nonsense to the nth degree. Sure we get a little extra money, but you know gets more money and exposure? The rival doing the actual winning. What have other ACC national championships ever truly done for Wake Forest? I'm not interested in watching someone else have my fun. Y'all get down on whatever you want to, but it's silly.

This conference cuckhold stuff is bizarre. The whole "it's good for Wake if the ACC wins" is nonsense to the nth degree. Sure we get a little extra money, but you know gets more money and exposure? The rival doing the actual winning. What have other ACC national championships ever truly done for Wake Forest? I'm not interested in watching someone else have my fun. Y'all get down on whatever you want to, but it's silly.
I might be naive but over performing likely got us things like the 5th team this year or Dayton during the Collins year. It matters I think.

The argument should be that the ACC continues to be under valued and deserves more NCAAT bids.

I might be naive but over performing likely got us things like the 5th team this year or Dayton during the Collins year. It matters I think.
Yea I call bullshit. If that were true we would have two tournament appearances under Forbes. Wake Forest has never been given the benefit of the doubt.

Our best tournament resume probably ever (no worse than second) in 2005 got shipped to Ohio to play wvu right across the river AND got underseeded, but I'm supposed to be excited because unc won that year? Fuck that noise.

Did our conference success in the last two tournaments help Wake Forest on selection Sunday? Did it help pitt? No it did not. But at least some donks got to cheer for coaches we recruit against to have more arrows in the quiver.

GTFOH with that.

Did our conference success in the last two tournaments help Wake Forest on selection Sunday? Did it help pitt? No it did not. But at least some donks got to cheer for coaches we recruit against to have more arrows in the quiver.

GTFOH with that.
I’m mostly with you, but we have shit the bed so badly at the end of these seasons.

I will not root for any ACC teams, the conference is going to die anyway. Why would I root for Clemson when they’re suing the league?

Why would I want to see State, Duke and UNC in the Sweet sixteen? It just buries us further into irrelevance and cements our place in the Socon in a few years

I’m mostly with you, but we have shit the bed so badly at the end of these seasons.

Ummm.... state had lost 4 straight before the ACCT. But, damn have they righted the ship.

And they need to thank uva for the gift they were given.

So? We don’t hang that sweet 16 banner in our gym, why the fuck would I root for Deacs to see it hanging in another gym on the road. Fuck ‘em.
I think that’s fair. I was mostly saying I think the ACC being strong gives the league the benefit of the doubt, which we would get if we didn’t keep completely fucking it all up.

Back