• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

I actually don’t see the other NC schools saying that, but I realize I’m in a losing battle here and I’m not even sure what I’m battling about, so letting it go.
Why would you root for the other NC schools like State who we recruit with? If Gardner Webb or UNCW made the S16 then sure I’d pull for them.

I take it you don’t live in NC or didn’t live around Tobacco Road fans your whole life. Nothing good comes from UNC, Duke, and State making the sweet sixteen especially in this era of realignment

If marquette takes care of business tomorrow like they should, it will be up to one-time Wake HC hopeful Shaka to stop state's Fat Bastard on Friday.

Why would you root for the other NC schools like State who we recruit with?

I take it you don’t live in NC or didn’t live around Tobacco Road fans your whole life. Nothing good comes from UNC, Duke, and State making the sweet sixteen especially in this era of realignment.
I have a love hate with teams that give a shit about us. I don’t live in NC so maybe that plays in but I went to UNC law in 2005 so I know what it’s like to have a great team that ends up totally overshadowed by a rival and have to listen to it endlessly better than most. I think State being relevant is good for the rivalry. Opinions clearly vary.

I have a love hate with teams that give a shit about us. I don’t live in NC so maybe that plays in but I went to UNC law in 2005 so I know what it’s like to have a great team that ends up totally overshadowed by a rival and have to listen to it endlessly better than most. I think State being relevant is good for the rivalry. Opinions clearly vary.
State being relevant is good for the UNC-State rivalry. I don’t really get how State being relevant is good for Wake, when Wake is irrelevant. I guess we’ll court storm when we beat them and that’ll be our Super Bowl because we sure as hell don’t make the tournament

The only thing anyone should be cheering for involving state is DJ Burns to date Audi Crooks.

Why would you root for the other NC schools like State who we recruit with? If Gardner Webb or UNCW made the S16 then sure I’d pull for them.

I take it you don’t live in NC or didn’t live around Tobacco Road fans your whole life. Nothing good comes from UNC, Duke, and State making the sweet sixteen especially in this era of realignment
I’ve lived in NC my whole life and I totally disagree with your latter statement. The perception of Tobacco Road as a Mecca of college basketball is critical for the ACC and Wake.

I am not so much "Go ACC", as i find it frustrating that the ACC commish/officials seem ok to just sit back and not fight the ACC sucks narrative at all. There is zero chance that has ever or ever will be good for Wake.

I’ve lived in NC my whole life and I totally disagree with your latter statement. The perception of Tobacco Road as a Mecca of college basketball is critical for the ACC and Wake.
I hate to break it to you, but Wake doesn’t come up in many conversations about Tobacco Road. Especially when they’re all in the tournament and Wake is in the NIT.

Also UNC and State won’t even be in the ACC in 5 years anyway

Loved Creighton’s coach. Asked his guard, “Are you ever going to make a shot tonight?”

The better the ACC is perceived to be, the easier it is for Wake to get NCAA bids. I really don’t understand how this is even a debate. Sure NC State winning might not move the needle much, but if the ACC shit the bed the way the SEC did it could be devastating. We are running on zero margin for error.

A great point would be Danny’s team that got into Dayton. This years teams was better by a significant margin and still wasn’t invited.

Not true man. Wake is everyone’s second favorite ACC team in NC who isn’t a Wake fan

Back