• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Yeah i hear you but there is definitely recency bias on both - they have been mediocre (at best) coaches for a while and neither did shit for years in the post season. Just got hot/lucky (Fuck you, UVa…) at the right time
I love you as a poster but this is a scorching hot take. I just don’t but that you win a national championship based on luck.

Committee: Please, please, please go back to the best way to judge these teams by watching games, i.e., the eye test.
So Wake had two wins against Elite 8 teams and neither of them were "quad 1." Some fucking system we've designed here
Deacs look better a metrics-heavy system than an eye test or old school resume system

blowing out a bunch of bad to mediocre teams, losing close games, never winning on the road, and sputtering down the stretch were exactly the types of teams that did not get selected in the pre-quad model

I don't like these in-game interviews with the coaches. Putting the broadcast before the actual game. TV isn't "the show" - the game is.

Seeing Flipokowski getting roughed up adds a nice touch to this game

I watched last night and really wanted Bama to lose but it’s like 20% of how badly I want Duke to lose

I love you as a poster but this is a scorching hot take. I just don’t but that you win a national championship based on luck.
Oh idk I don’t think we’re saying mutually exclusive things. Find 100 state or Clemson fans two weeks ago and they would tell you both coaches are mediocre and would have tons of proof points to support the assertion. And then yeah they got on a lucky run and here we are. Let’s see in 5 years I strongly believe you are 100.000000% looking at the high water mark for both these dudes

??

As a Wake fan shouldn't we primarily be concerned about what other coaches are doing versus our coach?
100%. But beating Forbes isn’t the test of mediocrity (sadly), which was the assertion y’all challenged

They give me some hope. They’re more like us than Duke or Carolina in hoops. And Keatts isn’t a bad coach. He kicked our ass in the first game coaching wise. Made the necessary adjustments and didn’t look back.

Keatts got ejected in the first half, so can’t give him credit for that.

Back