• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

It’s a win win because if State and Duke are in the Elite 8, Chapel Hill may blow up. I know I went to school there, but I just have zero feelings for them beyond disinterest and laughing at their misery 🤷🏼‍♀️
Agreed. State and possibly Duke advancing to the Elite Eight sucks, but the one consolation is that it will make UNC fans the most miserable of all. You can make a powerful case now that State's had a better season than UNC - they have an ACC Tourney title and they've done better in the NCAA tourney. And Doeren already owns Mack in football. Having said that, I hope Duke and State lose soon as well - this rooting for our in-state rivals is for the birds.

Duke takes the lead after a rough start. Have they absorbed Houston's best shot?

I can't remember the last time I saw someone airball a FT. Other than myself, of course

Oh idk I don’t think we’re saying mutually exclusive things. Find 100 state or Clemson fans two weeks ago and they would tell you both coaches are mediocre and would have tons of proof points to support the assertion. And then yeah they got on a lucky run and here we are. Let’s see in 5 years I strongly believe you are 100.000000% looking at the high water mark for both these dudes

Wake fans love to talk about other teams getting lucky in March.

100%. But beating Forbes isn’t the test of mediocrity (sadly), which was the assertion y’all challenged
Brownell .585 record at Clemson, 4 NCAAT appearances in 13 eligible years, Sweet 16 and current Elite 8

Keatts .596 record at NCST, 3 NCAAT appearances in 6 eligible years, ACC champ, current Elite 8

Not world beating, but these are decent coaching records at P6. Don't consider these mediocre at all. Brownell before this year maybe I get a little.

Keatts got ejected in the first half, so can’t give him credit for that.
Yeah State fans were pointing to that comeback win as irrefutable proof that Keatts should be fired. They've obviously trimmed their sails big time over the last three weeks.

Brownell .585 record at Clemson, 4 NCAAT appearances in 13 eligible years, Sweet 16 and current Elite 8

Keatts .596 record at NCST, 3 NCAAT appearances in 6 eligible years, ACC champ, current Elite 8

Not world beating, but these are decent coaching records at P6. Don't consider these mediocre at all. Brownell before this year maybe I get a little.
Yes but you’re adding in the last two weeks, hence the recency bias comment in my earlier post.

How in hell do you build an elite program at CREIGHTON??? I mean, Nebraska has never been a hotbed for hoops, and yet this little Catholic school in the middle of nowhere consistently wins. They're looking sharp tonight too

I'd take a Duke win tonight if it sets them up to get Burns'd this weekend

I was really hoping that the regime changes at Duke and UNC would bring about a sustained period of mediocrity for both programs. To my deep disgust this has not been the case.

Back