• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

For the second time I am posting that I was pulling for State. But this bunch deserves it.

They play with heart. Their almost-fired coach seems to have pushed the right buttons on this roll.

It feels right to me that they're playing Duke for the Final Four. This was meant to be.

Maybe one day for us, maybe one day.

For the second time I am posting that I was pulling for State. But this bunch deserves it.

They play with heart. Their almost-fired coach seems to have pushed the right buttons on this roll.

It feels right to me that they're playing Duke for the Final Four. This was meant to be.

Maybe one day for us, maybe one day.
It’s almost impossible to imagine Wake Forest basketball going on a run at the right time. The universe has beaten us into submission.

our team never plays as hard as what I'm seeing in this game.

Yeah. I used to watch tourney games and think our team wasn’t nearly as talented. Now it’s that they don’t play as hard. Sure it’s the Sweet Sixteen but our team needed to play this hard to finish out the season just to have a shot at the tourney and they didn’t.

When we were “on” this season we were unbeatable. Just couldn’t figure out how to be “on” with consistency.

ACC needs to go balls to the wall on promoting the conference based on tourney results over the last several years.

Fuck the metrics. They ain't working. If the ACC was this down, they wouldn't be doing what they're doing.

"Total body of work" over the entire season used to be the main thing.

Hell, at #5 ACC Wake's total body of work was twice as good as #10 state!"

WF didn't win the games it needed to win to get into the NCAA tournament

According to Torvik, the ACC is 10-3 ATS (Clemson and Duke 3-0, NCSU and UNC 2-1, Tony! 0-1) in the NCAA tournament. Torvik had Clemson and NCSU as dogs in every game except for NCSU-Oakland

"Total body of work" over the entire season used to be the main thing.

Hell, at #5 ACC Wake's total body of work was twice as good as #10 state!"
You do realize that State won their way into the tournament. State has won 8 elimination games in a row which has likely never been done before. I’ll gladly take their results over our body of work.

You do realize that State won their way into the tournament. State has won 8 elimination games in a row which has likely never been done before. I’ll gladly take their results over our body of work.
Valvano won 9 in a row in 1983, and Duke's won 9 in a row at least once, but yeah, your overall point stands

I’m sure there are other instances of such a phenomenon but crazy how Bennett not calling for a foul has dominoes to this

it’s one thing to miss shots, but another entirely to just not make the easy, correct decision as a coach

using Torvik as a proxy for the odds:

mighty Big Twelve was favored in 13 of its 15 games and went 7-8 straight up, 5-10 ATS

two of the five ATS wins came against the Mountain West

Back