• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Couldn't make free throws and gave up too many 3 point bombs

Don’t hate me, but I feel pretty gutted for Clemson. They left it all on the floor. Also, remember when we could have gotten Nate Oats instead of Manning? Or remember when we beat Alabama preseason?

Has Wake Forest EVER made anything easy in sports?

Don’t hate me, but I feel pretty gutted for Clemson. They left it all on the floor. Also, remember when we could have gotten Nate Oats instead of Manning? Or remember when we beat Alabama preseason?

Oats has way too much swag to ever be acceptable at Wake Forest. Also a little too murder tolerant.

Never feel gutted for Clemson, my second least fav team after the Tar Holes!

Way to go Bama and SEC. Now time to get UT in for the first time ever too!

The line I won't touch is NCSU +6.5. I feel like they're a team of destiny but not willing to put my money on that idea.

The Clemson-Alabama game was good basketball. Both teams put it all out on the floor. Congratulations Alabama, your Final Four opponent is Conneticut.

Classic Clemson choke job. Amazing to see Pringle get left alone in like 4 out of 6 possessions, twice just standing underneath the basket wide open. Some of the dumbest defense I've seen in a while - even with the flurry of 3's from Alabama if Clemson just hits some free throws and remembers whose man they have on defense it's a win. PJ Hall getting his fourth on a lazy missed box-out was also pretty typical.

Alabama just on a heater luck-wise. They get an ice cold RJ Davis with his first ever game this year without a 3, then they enjoy Clemson missing half their free throws and a sub 20% three point effort from everyone not named Girard. UConn by 20, that luck can't continue.

I have far too many familial connections to Clemson than I will bother to list, but this just shows how hard it is to make the Final Four.

A top ten free-throw shooting team all season misses 8. Alabama goes bat-shit from three and it all slips away.

Better to have played and failed than not to have played at all. One day they'll know that, but not this day.

The Clemson-Alabama game was good basketball. Both teams put it all out on the floor. Congratulations Alabama, your Final Four opponent is Conneticut.
My son had a game today and we went to a pub-ish type place after for late dinner. UConn fans next to us were actually imitating an Illini player crying and making fun of him. It was a weird WTF. I like UConn in general bc my dads buddies with Hurley from when he was at URI, but their obnoxious fans may have turned me tonight. Like- you won by 30. Assholes.

You’re also an SEC lover. Just NO.
Most definitely, grew up in SEC country, my Dad a undergrad & law school alumnus and my son a grad of another SEC school. Been to at least 50 games in Neyland over the years. So just be a hater, I don’t care!

Last edited:
Most definitely, grew up in SEC country, my Dad a undergrad & law school alumna and my son a grad of another SEC school. Been to at least 50 games in Neyland over the years. So just be a hater, I don’t care!
I will! SEC is everything wrong with sports in my mind. I have a soft spot for the Big East and A10, so I get family ties, but if Wake never sees success again, it’s going to be directly related to the greed of the SEC.

I will! SEC is everything wrong with sports in my mind. I have a soft spot for the Big East and A10, so I get family ties, but if Wake never sees success again, it’s going to be directly related to the greed of the SEC.
So you don’t think the ACC did or does any of this? We raided the BE of 4 teams I believe in 2004-05, all for the sake of greed and money (TV revenue). Just because the SEC & Big 10 have done it far better than us is our fault, not theirs! Delaney started the Big10 Network, then SEC followed. Took us about 5 years to get one and it isn’t better.
It is not their fault we have a GOR signed thru 2036 and ESPN contract thru 2027 paying us $40 mill per team while they have expanded better & negotiated better and are about to get $70 mill & $80 mill per school. So hate all you want but they just did it better.

Back