• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

You’re also an SEC lover. Just NO.
Yep and Bama just dispatched two ACC teams—our #1 team the Heels and now Clemson. Believe their season is done having to play UConn but they did make their first FF.

It would be fascinating to see how he might play if he lost 75 pounds given his obvious athletic ability and almost unreal ability to see the floor.
I am usually the last person to body shame or criticize someone’s weight, for obvious reasons, but it makes no sense to me why heavier elite athletes don’t transform their bodies. They literally have every resource and support, and immediate professional motivations to do it. An elite basketball player like Burns losing 40 pounds could earn him millions of extra dollars and add years to his career simply by protecting his knees.

I am usually the last person to body shame or criticize someone’s weight, for obvious reasons, but it makes no sense to me why heavier elite athletes don’t transform their bodies. They literally have every resource and support, and immediate professional motivations to do it. An elite basketball player like Burns losing 40 pounds could earn him millions of extra dollars and add years to his career simply by protecting his knees.
I'm pretty sure Burns lost at least 40 pounds compared to last season. He's noticeably slimmer this season.

Watch the Nuggets pickup Burns as a UFA, put him on the Jokic plan, and keep him as steady backup C for the next 8-10 years.

On a similar note, I feel like the NBA can find a way to use Edey. I doubt he’ll be a star. But teams can use quality minutes from a big body who at least make elite bigs work a little on defense.

Last edited:
Edey should be so much better than he is IMO

Which is why I think some NBA GMs want to take a shot on him. Worst case he’s a G-League big you picked in a weak draft. Best case he can give you quality minutes against Jokic, Embiid, and others.

He’s certainly good enough for the college game though.

When we were “on” this season we were unbeatable. Just couldn’t figure out how to be “on” with consistency.
We had no bench.

PFred never drives so he was easy to guard and faded the last 1/3 AND he was a FR.

Monsanto ugh.

Marsh, Keller or 3M. No comment.

The only dude who looked good was Clark and he was all defense. Not that I mind a wing defender...actually liked him and his defense.

Pathetic flop from the Purdue player. Gotta feel for Knecht, the rest of the team has done nothing.

knecht shooting them out of it

He's the only reason they are in it.

Can't breathe near Edey without it being a foul. Reminds me of Hansmule. Opposing Big 10 fanbases had to lose their shit seeing him parade to the line.

Can't breathe near Edey without it being a foul. Reminds me of Hansmule. Opposing Big 10 fanbases had to lose their shit seeing him parade to the line.
Haven’t seen any of their games but I haven’t seen any particularly soft calls here in 2H?

Yes, it was awful in the Big Ten all year. That said, and while I despise Purdue, this is some all time stuff from Edey.

Back