• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Which is why I think some NBA GMs want to take a shot on him. Worst case he’s a G-League big you picked in a weak draft. Best case he can give you quality minutes against Jokic, Embiid, and others.

He’s certainly good enough for the college game though.

That’s what I’m getting at. His size and experience are awesome for the college game but he looks like he could be NBA-level dominant. Yet he won’t be. As long as he neutralizes Flopowski he’s good with me though.

Yes, it was awful in the Big Ten all year. That said, and while I despise Purdue, this is some all time stuff from Edey.

Oh he is unstoppable. My comment about fouls applies to all the games I've seen him play this season...not just this one.

He's the only reason they are in it.

Can't breathe near Edey without it being a foul. Reminds me of Hansmule. Opposing Big 10 fanbases had to lose their shit seeing him parade to the line.
Lol yeah it's ridiculous, there was a play earlier where Edey just held the ball to his chest and jumped in the air and got a shooting foul, no chance he was even attempting to shoot. And now a soft push foul 80 feet from the basket. Hate to say I feel bad for fucking Tennessee but what a frustrating game.

Dude shows zero emotion and is kinda tough to root for as a neutral too.

And then a ridiculous block.

One of the best single game performances I've ever seen.

Awesome block. Thank goodness he’d never shoot an air ball free throw with the game on the line.

Also @liquidkarma I’ll echo you that Painter/Purdue performed better than I’d given them credit for. Of course you know what helps when you really need a win to get to the Final Four - going up against Rick Barnes.

(I hate to say it but Scheyer seems like an OK guy)
Lol wtf did you forget the court storming bullshit already

An ok guy would have taken some responsibility for that incident instead of the performative horse shit we got (while duke students literally throwing stuff at UNC players a couple weeks later didn't get a mention anywhere)

An ok guy would have taken some responsibility for that incident instead of the performative horse shit we got (while duke students literally throwing stuff at UNC players a couple weeks later didn't get a mention anywhere)
Yeah he was literally apologizing to the students for losing while they were being absolute assholes

Ok ok fair point I’m drunk from being at the pool all day. Fuck duke 👍

Learned recently that Scheyer lives in this dumb shit neighborhood in Durham that is gated with high walls and all the homes are faux Mediterranean with stucco and tiled roofs. Tacky as shit.

Back