• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

This Duke team is pretty lame. McCain is the only reliable offensive option, Mitchell is a complete bum. Play boring and slow too, questioning how long recruits are gonna wanna play Scheyerball
Maybe. But theyre close to making a FF; got Cooper Flagg coming in; the Duke mystique has been successfully maintained.

This is why I'm rooting against State. We don't need that once-moribund program getting any more life. Plus to lose a Final Four opportunity to your rival would be agonizing (true either way).
I don't think State being good affects us negatively really. There's enough recruits/transfers out there that I doubt their success would have too much of a detrimental impact on us.

Plus the more strong teams in the conference, the easier it is to get at-large bids.

Caveat though: I don't live in NC so that may color my perspective in terms of dealing with opposing fans

This is why I'm rooting against State. We don't need that once-moribund program getting any more life. Plus to lose a Final Four opportunity to your rival would be agonizing (true either way).
I'm rooting for State because 1 it's against Duke and 2 they fight for every rebound and loose ball. They are playing so hard right now and I miss that.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

I don't think State being good affects us negatively really. There's enough recruits/transfers out there that I doubt their success would have too much of a detrimental impact on us.

Plus the more strong teams in the conference, the easier it is to get at-large bids.

Caveat though: I don't live in NC so that may color my perspective in terms of dealing with opposing fans
Right - for me it's also very personal.

How can you watch Burns play and root against the Pack. The guy is just smooth

State wins this thing easily. They got such an easy draw all the way to the FF. It’s annoying. This opponent isn’t used to the atmosphere of a big arena and they have such an inexperienced HC.
It pays to have a building used to handling the biggest events in a city

How can you watch Burns play and root against the Pack. The guy is just smooth

I don’t need to work hard to hate everything about either of these teams.

Back