• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

have none of you spent a Saturday afternoon in or around Carter Finley? State fans are awful

But also, fuck duke
Damn right State fans are fucktards, and Duke fans are nerdier fucktards. The only thing that makes State's run sweet is the fact that Duke/Carowhina aren't in the Final Four.

Duke getting owned in the tourney by two in-state rivals would be good if Duke alums actually lived in North Carolina
I mean Duke basketball not winning a natty and the Fl. State football debacle. Don't know how they have survived.

Wake could never go on a run like that because we would never have that string of luck even if we were playing great.

According to Torvik, the odds of NC State winning these last 9 games?

right around 10,000 - 1

I think Edey is a bad matchup for Burns. Burns doesn’t exactly elevate a ton on his shot off post moves - I think he’ll have a tough time getting his shot off. Plus, Edey is a little harder to body and back down than Filipowski/Mitchell

I think Edey is a bad matchup for Burns. Burns doesn’t exactly elevate a ton on his shot off post moves - I think he’ll have a tough time getting his shot off. Plus, Edey is a little harder to body and back down than Filipowski/Mitchell
Not sure if Edey will have the quickness to stay in front of Burns spin move. Height makes up for a lot though. Interesting matchup.

They were a 3 seed...
They were close to .500 in the league and outside the bubble if I remember right. But they probably would've received an at large bid by reaching the semifinal or final of the Big East tourney.

Both Edey and Burns like to back their defender into the post and both have the size to move their man. How they react when they can't do so should be interesting. Edey has the length to go over Burns but may be further from the basket than usual. Burns has a lower center of gravity and his quick spins might result in clean shots, but Edey has length to disrupt the shot in less than ideal position.

Back