• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread - One Shining Moment - UConn Huskies

Burns might as well start using his big ass against Edey. Might as well foul out but at least give Edey some bruises.

state has one more loss than Wake after all is said and done, so there's that....

Men's Final is going to be 2nd Fiddle to Women's!

Media is going to be insufferable with both finals being big vs. sec.

State was under-coached tonight. No halftime adjustments. They didn't identify and try to exploit a Purdue weakness (their guards). No defensive adjustments - just played Edey one way. No zone. No double team. If he's going to score anyway, try to deny the entry pass. Never tried to fast break a bigger but slower team. State kept forgoing completing drives to the basket for 3's, which they missed. They didn't run their offense through Burns consistently.

My daughter graduated UNC a couple years ago and my son is at State now. While I am happy for them, I am jealous their teams made FF runs while they were in school.

I hope we make a run like State one day but I’ve been hoping that for more years than I can count. In the world of NIL State going to the Final 4 will open some pockets of alums and fans. I expect they will have a war chest going into portal recruiting season.

State was under-coached tonight. No halftime adjustments. They didn't identify and try to exploit a Purdue weakness (their guards). No defensive adjustments - just played Edey one way. No zone. No double team. If he's going to score anyway, try to deny the entry pass. Never tried to fast break a bigger but slower team. State kept forgoing completing drives to the basket for 3's, which they missed. They didn't run their offense through Burns consistently.
And I believe that with his wins in the ACC and NCAA tournaments Keatts got something like five extra years added to his contract to stay as State's coach. Not bad for a guy who was considered as good as fired by the end of the regular season.

Back