• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAF Championship Game: Oregon vs. Ohio State

TWDeac

Resident Astrophysicist
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm cheering for my DUCKS.

Line is Oregon -6, o/u 74

I think Ohio State wins this one. They will be able to run all over Oregon and their defensive line will control the line of scrimmage. Oregon's defense is bad and they are without their #1 receiver. Does anyone know how deep Oregon is at WR?

I think Ohio State wins this one. They will be able to run all over Oregon and their defensive line will control the line of scrimmage. Oregon's defense is bad and they are without their #1 receiver. Does anyone know how deep Oregon is at WR?

Deep enough.

We ain't come to play school!

Agree with you. Oregon actually is without its top two receivers - the kid who got hurt on the opening kickoff last week, and the kid who had 140ish yards receiving against FSU - he is ineligible for this game for a postive pot test. Also without its top TE who was lost earlier this year. Oregon keeps playing up the "next guy in" slogan, or whatever it is, but I seriously doubt their 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers areas good as numbers 1 and 2. I think OSU will be too much physically for the Ducks.

I think OSU has been playing up their "next guy in" slogan at QB too.

If Oregon scores the first time it gets the ball they will win.

The one thing Oregon has going for them is that I don't think any of the WRs they are missing are really bonafide stars. They rely more on scheme to get them open than talent. Hopefully they can just plug and play some other guys. The big thing they may be missing is depth needed to support their rotation of fresh players into the game.

I think Oregon's D is underrated, gonna be a great game.

I'm going with Mariota Manning.

So the game is not sanctioned by the NCAA, just learned that this week. How do they declare a player ineligable, he's not suspended, for a game they don't recognize.

Ohio St has fewer weaknesses and the better coach. I'll be rooting for Oregon but would bet on the Buckeyes.

I will be pulling for Ohio State for one reason, and one reason only: NIKE!

lol Nike has a bigger deal with Ohio St than it does Oregon. Obviously Oregon gets much more in other benefits but Ohio St benefits greatly from Nike. Nike is a huge winner in all of this.

According to the Wall St Journal, Oregon's uniform selection doomed them.

lol Nike has a bigger deal with Ohio St than it does Oregon. Obviously Oregon gets much more in other benefits but Ohio St benefits greatly from Nike. Nike is a huge winner in all of this.

BOYCOTT WELCH'S

But Urban Meyer is the fakest Jesus freak ever. And his eyes are too close together. And he's from fucking Ohio.

With all of that going against him, he's still one hell of a football coach. I'm glad I don't have to work tonight.

Last edited:
I will be pulling for Ohio State for one reason, and one reason only: NIKE!

B68NGusCMAEY_dx.jpg

Everyone talks about how awesome Oregon's offense is (and it is), nut no one talks about the fact that Ohio State's offense basically does the same thing without the tempo. This will be a great game, but I give the edge to the Buckeyes because of their D-Line. Joey Bosa is arguably the best DL in the country and Michael Bennet is going to make himself a lot of money tonight. If those guys can get consistent penetration all night, Mariotta will spend more time than he would like on the sidelines. The Buckeyes are going to score points.

Everyone talks about how awesome Oregon's offense is (and it is), nut no one talks about the fact that Ohio State's offense basically does the same thing without the tempo. This will be a great game, but I give the edge to the Buckeyes because of their D-Line. Joey Bosa is arguably the best DL in the country and Michael Bennet is going to make himself a lot of money tonight. If those guys can get consistent penetration all night, Mariotta will spend more time than he would like on the sidelines. The Buckeyes are going to score points.

Says the Suckeyes fan

Back