• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCAAT discussion (the end)

Be interested to see how much longer K goes. I mean he's still going to bring in talent, but Barrett and Zion were once in a decade type players. He'll be 73 years old next year. I would not be shocked to see him hang it up this summer.

Be interested to see how much longer K goes. I mean he's still going to bring in talent, but Barrett and Zion were once in a decade type players. He'll be 73 years old next year. I would not be shocked to see him hang it up this summer.

I just can’t imagine he hangs it up off that disappointment

agreed but next year will not nearly feature the talent he's had the last 3 years, unless he goes out and has 3-4 goes reclassify per standard Duke recruiting

I imagine Barrett and Williamson stick around for the Duke brotherhood and the chance to win a title.

to quote the Duke board:

Zion Williamson
RJ Barrett
Cam Reddish
Tre Jones
Kyrie Irving
Jayson Tatum
Harry Giles
Brandon Ingram
Marvin Bagley
Wendell Carter
Luke Kennard
Frank Jackson
Trevon Duval
Gary Trent

Final Fours: 0

All that talent, nothing to show for it.

+ Austin Rivers and Jabari Parker, right?

I imagine Barrett and Williamson stick around for the Duke brotherhood and the chance to win a title.

Not a chance. They were already talking post game about it being the "last time this group would play together." It's highly unlikely that either has attended even one class since December.

I actually think Duke overachieved this year. Zion is incredible and Barrett gets buckets, but despite all the accolades, I didn't think the team was that talented. Certainly not deep. They played really good D.

It was so sweet to see Barrett be the goat on the missed FT. Hope Bulls avoid him in the draft.

Duke lands tons of stud recruits every year yet is never deep.

Seems like that's on the coach

Duke lands tons of stud recruits every year yet is never deep.

Seems like that's on the coach

Zion is just a ridiculous cheat code. Yet somehow he was stuck on this team that has no outside shooting. Wofford + Zion would have been better than this Duke team + Zion. Zion's greatness almost got them there but do not kid yourself....this was a poorly built Duke team.

Zion is just a ridiculous cheat code. Yet somehow he was stuck on this team that has no outside shooting. Wofford + Zion would have been better than this Duke team + Zion. Zion's greatness almost got them there but do not kid yourself....this was a poorly built Duke team.

Cam Reddish was supposed to bring that spark, but he never got comfortable.

Not a chance. They were already talking post game about it being the "last time this group would play together." It's highly unlikely that either has attended even one class since December.

Guess I should’ve ended with /s...

After 1/done is killed and if the G League becomes a similar path to the NBA as the minor leagues are for MLB, the way coaches recruit and programs develop/win will be dramatically altered, unless the NCAA allows players to either be paid or market their image. My hope: the NCCA prez's grow a pair and draw a line in the sand, and if the NCAA is no longer a billion dollar enterprise as a result so be it. My prediction: not a chance, though I do see a scenario where a subset of high-profile programs elect to go with pay-for-play, while the majority go with a FCS-style model with less $$ from all sides including (most importantly) t.v. revenue. Interesting times ahead regardless.

Why do people keep saying one and done will be ending? Allowing 18 year olds to go pro won’t end one and done.

Why do people keep saying one and done will be ending? Allowing 18 year olds to go pro won’t end one and done.

Not sure exactly what he meant, but blocking high schoolers from going straight to the NBA skyrocketed the # of one-and-dones. Probably 5x - 10x more.

Kids will still be able to go to college for one year then leave for the NBA. Could argue this just raises the price big time programs will have to pay for talent. There will still be plenty of money in college hoops.

Kids will still be able to go to college for one year then leave for the NBA. Could argue this just raises the price big time programs will have to pay for talent. There will still be plenty of money in college hoops.

Would only change if NCAA hoops went the route of NCAA baseball.

Yep, which is what I argued (actually more stated as an opinion, as I'm not much into arguing on message boards) in my original post. We may reach a tipping point sooner rather than later5 where there are nowhere near 300+ NCAA teams competing for a chance to be in the field of 68.

Back